Available on Wednesdays?

Started by ChrisK, July 12, 2012, 07:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

Clear Lake Racing (Wedneday Night Races) is doing a really cool thing, if you want to race on a boat, here's one option:

"For those wanting to crew, goto the Villa Capri @ 3713 Nasa Parkway, Seabrook TX 77586; before 6:10 pm Wednesdays.
At the end of the pier, there is a pink "CREW" flag on a flag staff. Available crew will raise the flag to signal any boat wanting crew. When a boat accepts a crew, the crew is responsible to lower the flag down. If there are multiple people available, the next person in line is responsible to raise the flag for their turn after it has been lowered If a person leaves the pier for any reason, they must lower the flag for the next person to raise it. If you already have a ride and are waiting for that boat to pick you up, do not raise the flag; it is only intended for crew to get on random boats."

I saw this in action last night and it seems to be working great! The Wednesday Night season goes every Wednesday until late September, so lots of opportunity to get out and sail!
Past Commodore, 2010

Jonsey

Nice idea Chris, might be a good way to get non-sailors into the sport.   

Should i put an ad up on craigslist (casual encounter section) - white soveral 27 looking for crew on Wed. night.   Free beer?   

But really, i remember my first real race - stepped off the wall onto a J27 in Corpus on a wednesday night.   I was hooked, and the sport will never be the same.

ChrisK

Actually it was Vincent Ruders idea!

Jonsey, you need to kick start a Wednesday Series up in Lake Belton, I bet Hightower, Dexter and a few others up in that neck of the woods would be game  :D
Past Commodore, 2010