HYC Turkey Day Regatta 17-18 November

Started by billvanrav, October 30, 2012, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billvanrav

Howdy!  The 2012 HYC Turkey Day Regatta is up on REGATTA NETWORK and registration is now open.  Turkey Day is our last full-featured regatta for the year.  All classes are welcome, if yours is not listed on the registration page please advise - we'll be happy to add it. Right now the plan is to offer windward/leeward courses for A-Cat, C420, Ensign, J/22, J/24, J/80, J/105, J/109, Lightning, V15, Viper, PHRF Spinnaker and PHRF non-Spinnaker up in our part of the Bay.  We will also host our Pursuit Course (offset starts based on PHRF handicap) which will race around a combination of fixed and floating marks in the Southern part of Galveston Bay by the Clear Creek Channel.
If you are a newbie and would like to give sailboat racing a try please e-mail me at billvanrav@earthlink.net and we can set up a call to walk you through the process!

Bee

14 boats! Is that all?  Is this regatta going to die?  Just think, you get a Turkey for this one.  Not a bad Turkey but definitely a Turkey.

Maarten

I assume that people are late as seems to happen. Joan III will be there, however after the Harvest Moon Regatta and preparations a large part of my crew has "Home Arrest". Experienced crew and classic yacht enthusiasts may find a place.

Maarten

The organizers mention that the pursuit will be in the area close to Clear Creek. Does it make sense to bring the boat to HYC if one is moored in one of the yacht harbors close to Kemah? Seems like a lot of movement to get to HYC nd then back to the course or do I miss something?

Deckhand

Maarten, I believe staying at HYC makes sense only if you are racing the windward/leaward courses out of HYC. John and I are sailing Flying Kiss out of Seabrook as it would take us a few days to get to HYC ;D. Scott Lacy
GBCA Commodore 2014

Maarten

That is what I thought: it is nice to have drinks at HYC but I would have to move Joan III Thursday night to be there Saturday and then all the way back to the start.

ChrisA

Those of you in the running for PHRF Boat of the Year only have one more chance. Attached are the current standings with this weekend's race remaining.

ChrisK

Past Commodore, 2010

shawn

Hello
Firewater will be making its first appearance saturday.  Walter has been working at a crazy pace to get the boat ready.  Stop by and say hi check out the battle flag and tell him good job.

the boat handles like a dream even in 25 knots we hope to do well.
Cheers
Shawn
Shawn
Semi True Story

Terry Young

I crewed on Firewater for the the race, and she is nice! But but were was the 25 knots of wind Shawn? O well I was a great to be on the water with good freinds, thanks for having me on board Walter.

Many your sail be filled with the wind, but behind me! See you on Icicle #1
                                                              Terry Young ( KATANA )

Deckhand

What a great two days on the bay. Well, could have used a little more wind but it would not have helped John and Me too much. Here are a few pictures that my lovely wife Becky and Chris Dees took from our support boat Tramp http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets/72157632056290834/ . There are a few pictures that I took from Flying Kiss also. Thanks to Chris and Kelley Dees for taking out Tramp and acting as our support boat (we need more support :-[). Thank also to Island Time and Aravaca for letting us know that our spinnaker (that I thought was on the deck) was in the water. No wonder we were so slow? Thanks to the race committee, lots of air but no wind! Enjoy. Scott ( Flying Kiss crew)
GBCA Commodore 2014