LYC's 2013 Shoe Regatta

Started by Andrea, April 20, 2013, 10:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrea

Registration is open.  You can find info at http://www.regattanetwork.com/event/6740
Waiver links are found under the News and Notices heading.

gwittich

After a very successful Conundrum it is time to focus on the next event in the bay:
We will run three lines during the Shoe Regatta.

1) Distance Course:
12 mile quadrangle west of the ship channel - same as for Bay Cup I.
If conditions permit, we plan to run two races on Saturday and one on Sunday.
(Backup is a 9 mile quadrangle.)
Classic Canvas, PHRF non-spin and poleless cruising spin classes may form.
PRO: Bob Hunkins

2) Large Boat One Design:
J/105, J/109, PHRF Spin and possibly PHRF Non-Spin W/L, maybe J/80;
PRO: Chris Dees

3) Small Boat One Design:
J/22; J/70, Viper 640 and J/80 (unless they race on the large boat course);
This will be a circuit stop for the J/22's and J/70's.
PRO: Gerhard Wittich

The one design lines will be about equal distance from HYC and the Clear Lake Marinas.
Following tradition, skippers and crew of the winning boat in each class will receive vouchers for shoes (provided they all submitted their waivers).
As usual, trophy organizers greatly appreciate early registration.
Thanks for signing up,
GW
Gerhard Wittich/sv Figaro

Sailaway

Loading up pictures from the Shoe Regatta.  Will take a bit but I will get them out there!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets

Enjoy

m/v Tramp
s/v Flying Kiss

gwittich

LYC greatly appreciates the significant contribution by GBCA members to a successful race:
Thanks to John and Scott Lacy for bringing out tramp, for spectacular pictures, excellent line siting (Scott nailed the few over early's) and for anchor yanking.
Thanks to Chris Dees for running the large boat W/L in flawless fashion.
Thanks to Kelly Dees for signaling 28 starts.
Thanks to Keith and Amy Gray for running mark set and scoring the upwind finishes.
Thanks to Mike Lecompte for timing on the distance line.
Thanks to Linda Hill - photography.
I owe y'all a trip to the Biergarten!
Gerhard

Maarten

Joan III's crew of 3 wholeheartedly joins in thanking the organizers. What a glorious 2 days of sailing. All the ingredients were there: blustery wind with warm weather and great visibility, navigational challenges (think about a crew-overboard head even smaller than the first mark), and much more.

Organizing, being on the RC boat 2 days at anchor and making some great pictures is very much appreciated.

We have some pictures of Asylum, Firewater and Pro Re Nata. Send me an email if you are interested maarten[at]maartenvanhasselt.com.

Maarten
skipper J-III

Maarten

By the way: where can we find the link to the results (no longer on regattanetwork.com?)

Also we saw many pictures taken from the PHRF Non-spi distance RC boat and wonder if they are posted somewhere else?

gwittich

Maarten, results have been posted on regattanetwork.com (Results Archive).

Additional photos will be posted on Picasa. Andrea will notify skippers when they will be uploaded.
GW

ChrisK

Did you say Biergarten? Yum!
Past Commodore, 2010

Sailaway

Well flickr decided to change their layout yesterday and now I can't do anything with it.  Hopefully they get this resolved soon and I will load the rest otherwise I will have to find some other way to display photos.

Sorry

:'(