Fall Series #1 scoring

Started by STuma, October 29, 2020, 09:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STuma

In the spirit of fairness, I have decided to abandon Fall Series #1. I apologize for the confusion.

The results for Sailing Angels will stand as is.

I was rushing to get the SIs out after being out of town. I was notified of some mistakes and made the corrections. I posted the amendments to the Sailing Angels end. I was focusing on the Sailing Angels part and overlooked those who had signed up for Chili Chase. I see where the confusion came from; we never intended people to have to sign up for Fall Series, but understand where the thought came from because of the scoring requirements for the series. We tried something new and have discussed the issues that arose.

There were some ideas of correcting the start time errors, but the results would be hypothetical.

Our goal is to provide the best race possible.

We look forward to seeing everyone for Fall Series #2 and Chili Chase.

Thank you for your understanding and patience...

Cheers...
Scott Tuma
Fleet Captain
cheers...
Scott

Tye Dyed Gary

I agree with throwing out this race, because of all the confusion with start time and course description, or lack there of.
  The question that comes up is, why didn't the Icicle series SI's just get copied and paste to Fall Series SI's? The times were already calculated and courses described.
  And to rub salt in the wound, on Oct.23rd you posted, The Fall Series would mimic the Icicle Series in regards to start times and courses.     
Foredeck Crew Union, Local GBCA
'Shut Up' Just Drive the Boat