Gulf Coast Study of Clear Lake

Started by Tye Dyed Gary, December 31, 2020, 10:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tye Dyed Gary

This is something everyone that has anything to do on or around the waters of Clear Lake / Clear Creek needs to respond to. While it effects us sailors, it also effects all boating and will cause severe devastation to the sport / commercial fishing. I know we don't think about it, but Clear Creek and its estuary system is one of the most productive fish nurseries on the Gulf Coast. This proposed Flood Wall, Gate and Pumps will limit Fall spawning and chew up the fingerlings in the pumps in the Spring.
  While I, am more into sailing than fishing, I do enjoy eating fresh seafood at the local restaurants. This project will effect them as well.
  As we all know, this project had to be thought up by someone who does not understand water flow. A flood up stream does not mean an instant flood down stream. That flood up stream will flow like a rat through a snake, working its way down stream.
  The houses this project is trying to protect were built in a floodplain, and will eventually be flooded. We can not control Mother Nature, (Harvey and every hurricane has proved that).   
Foredeck Crew Union, Local GBCA
'Shut Up' Just Drive the Boat