Newbie looking to crew

Started by jbazley, May 02, 2023, 01:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbazley

Greetings, everyone!  I am fairly new to sailing, having completed the ASA 101 in October and ASA 103/104 in February and would like to see about getting on a crew to get more sailing time.  I'm pretty comfortable with the mechanics of sailing from class, so it's really about gaining experience.  If anybody is looking for someone, please let me know!

Jesse Bazley

DonnyLazarz

Hi' I am Don Lazarz, owner of a J-29, named Touche'. I'm struggling to find crew for the Rum Races, starting June 17. I can teach you anything on the boat. I was a sailmaker for 20 years but racing since 1967. I am retired and have time to sail my own boat. The boat is well appointed now with all new gear and restored, and safe. New sails also.

jbazley

Quote from: DonnyLazarz on June 15, 2023, 03:19:54 PMHi' I am Don Lazarz, owner of a J-29, named Touche'. I'm struggling to find crew for the Rum Races, starting June 17. I can teach you anything on the boat. I was a sailmaker for 20 years but racing since 1967. I am retired and have time to sail my own boat. The boat is well appointed now with all new gear and restored, and safe. New sails also.

Hi, Don. Sorry, I just realized I was not actually receiving alerts from this forum, so did not see you had replied. I know the Rum Races are almost over, but if you are still looking for crew, I would love to meet you and see how I can help.