GBCA Commodore's Ball 2014

Started by Sailchick, January 08, 2014, 01:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailchick

GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Deckhand

I have been able to block 5 rooms at the Holiday Inn in Kemah (across from the Kemah Community Center) for the night of the Commodores Ball (Feb 15th). The rate is $170. Use the Group Code "GBC" (only 3 letters) and the date. You can call the hotel directly at 281-334-0003. Reservations are due by 02/03/14. The hotel has another convention that same weekend and is pretty full. Sign up early for the GBCA Commodore's Ball to avoid a late fee and to help with ordering enough food and drink! It should be a grand time in Kemah with good food, awards, and the Tomz Katz band (out of Galveston) courtesy of Tom Sutton's "Portfolio Advisory Council". Hope to see you at the Ball!
GBCA Commodore 2014

Sailchick

After February 10, the cost will increase.

Deckhand

Tomorrow is the last day to sign up for the Commodore's Ball before the rate goes up. Come on out for a fun night of good food and dancing. The weather looks to be real nice to spend the weekend with your Valentine on Friday and Saturday at the boat. Hope to see you at the Ball.
GBCA Commodore 2014

Sailchick

You have until midnight tonight to avoid the late fee!  Sign up!

Deckhand

Thanks to all that came out and celebrated the Commodores Ball. Thanks to all who help make this event happened. A special thanks to Nicole Laster for organizing this great event, an epic job. Thanks also to Tom Sutton' Potfolio Advisory Counsil for sponsoring Tomz Katz Band. In my haste to get out of the spot light, I forgot to thank Gary Trinklien. He was taking pictures to document than we can dress up and look respectful. Thanks Gary!
   Time to recover and get ready for March racing, GBCA's St' Patrick's Day Regatta on March 15 and the Rib Regatta March 22.
LYC has Bay Cup I coming up March 1 and J 105 Nationals the following weekend. And this month, Wed Nite Races events get started in just 10 days.....Yea!
   Thanks for all your support and let's make 2014 safe and "fast".
Commodore Scotty
GBCA Commodore 2014

Trink

Pictures from one of the year's premier social events, the GBCA Commodore's Ball, are at:
http://garytphoto.smugmug.com/SailboatRacing/GBCA/Commodores-Ball-2014

Your can order prints from the website or can you right-click and save the photos to your computer to use/print/repost as you wish (be sure to choose the full-size image before saving).

Many thanks to Nicole and the rest of the board for treating the GBCA members to a first-class event, and thanks to Tom Sutton for some great music.
S/V Toccata

Deckhand

Here are some more pictures from the Commodore's Ball http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets/72157641782236834/. My lovely wife, Becky took the pictures. I have been sick and just got home tonite from the boat to get them uploaded. It was a fun party!
GBCA Commodore 2014