THANK YOU--S/V Stellar.......Of Course

Started by Carl Drechsel, October 16, 2014, 10:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Drechsel

Four hours into the return trip from Pt Aransas after HMR on Sunday, S/V Patriot lost it's transmission and we were adrift in the ICW.  Within 10 minutes Captain Ron Eddleman of S/V "Stellar    Of Course" came to our rescue and towed us 25 miles to the Sanctuary at Port O'Connor.  We are blessed to have people like Ron that immediately came to our rescue and we are most indebted for their assistance-Thank You Ron

Furthermore, another big Thank you to approximately 15-20 people who helped us dock at the Sancturay.  This was not an easy task in that we had no power and we were dealing with 15 knots of wind at the dock.  It was tense for about 5-10 minutes while numerous people helped to coax Patriot into a slip without any damage to other boats or Patriot I might add.  Here are some of the folks that helped us at the dock; Walter & Beverly Caldwell-S/V Shaken Not Stirred, Tom Meeh-S/V Tomfoolery, Sam Crowder-S/V-Longhawk, Peter vanOosten-S/V $iphon, and Evan Macalluso-S/V Rodeless Traveller and many others the names I cannot remember.  Thank you All!!!
Carl Drechsel, Skipper S/V Patriot

DwightB

Ditto!!   Many thanks to all who assisted us....it is (and was) sincerely appreciated!

Stellar of Course

Carl:

Glad we could help out. I hope you get Patriot Repaired and home soon.

Ron

Terry Young

Three cheers for ?Captain Ron?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You just got to love ?m  !!!! Wish every person was as kind hearted, as Ron.