2015 Icicle Series

Started by Christopher, December 04, 2014, 04:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric713

Saga 43 with a 101 non-spin rating.  It appears Mr. W is becoming quite serious. That is.. if my sources are correct.

Bob H

The updated handicaps are posted on the GBCA web site. Thank you to the skippers who turned in their times. To those that did not, please provide them to Bob Hunkins (rdhunkins (at) verizon (dot) net) after the race.
Thanks, and see you again Saturday for Icicle #2!

http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_registrant_list.php?regatta_id=2575&custom_report_id=2

Bee

Ed:

The keel on the Bob Perry designed Bayou Girl is 8 feet long.  Will be interesting to watch her drag it through the mud in the winter.  Glad I don't have to race against her.  Spotting something with a 40' waterline 23 seconds a mile is not my idea of fair competition --- unless its a beam reach or better.

She is beautiful down below.  Sailboats sure are sexy.

Borracho

Quote from: Bee on January 09, 2015, 03:31:40 PM
Spotting something with a 40' waterline 23 seconds a mile is not my idea of fair competition --- unless its a beam reach or better.
Boo hoo hoo.

Bee

Ahh, a drunken lack of understanding. ;D

Bee

Oh, sorry, should have said a DRUNKARDS lack of understanding.

Deckhand

25 boats with about 100 hardy sailors, hot goulosh, Bee playing the squeeze box....Perfect! It was a bit cold today, but still you can not beat Texas Winter Sailing. Tramp made it out to get a few pictures from the low range marker. We tried to get back in before the finish, but Hamburg smoked us home. Great after party with good goulosh and Bee playing the squeeze box, who woulda' known. Pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets/72157647895849404/
GBCA Commodore 2014

Bob H

#2 Icicle - Jan. 10 results:

Cruising Club:
1.  Chloe                   13:48:02
2.  See Ya                 13:51:05
3.  Other Woman       13:58:42
4.  Second Wind        14:06:48
5.  Osprey                 14:08:06
-----------------------------------
6.  Ananda                14:10:08
7.  Ox-Bow                14:10:28
8.  Wandering Star     14:11:11
9.  Gemini                 14:11:36
10. Stellar Of Course  14:23:22
11. Hippocampos        14:30:21

SOS:
1.  Tenacious
2.  Shaken Not Stirred
3.  Selah
4.  Mental Floss
5.  Figaro

Non-Spin:
1.  Terrorist

Spin Non-Sprit:
1.  Fire Water
2.  Owl
3.  Leopard

Spin-Sprit
1. Hamburg
2. J92 #77 Noname (G. Cushing)
3. Infinity
4. Harm's Way
5. Doodah

Kudos to all who went out in the cold conditions, you're right sailors!
Apologies for the confusion with the Cruising Club results yesterday. I think I'll improve with practice. If anything looks amiss, please let me know ASAP, preferably by an email. (rdhunkins (at) Verizon (dot) net).
We're crunching the numbers for the updated club handicaps. Please provide your time if you did not already do so (i.e. you don't see your time above).
See you next Saturday!

Christopher

11 of the 25 boats that came out are of the Orange Cruising Club.  That's so COOL!! (no pun intended).
The "hard-core" racers are not so hard-core?   ;D
Mahalo nui loa

Bob H

Deckhand

The "Dog" days of winter are here! Looks like 60 degrees, South winds (hopefully) at 10 kts, and Hot Dogs at the after-race party. Make plans to go out and race and make it to the GBCA Clubhouse for a great weekend. Tramp should be out for a few pictures. It does not get much better than this!
GBCA Commodore 2014

Bee

Where did you see 10 knots.  Looks more like 5 to me.  Hope you are correct.

Bay was absolutely flat at 4 today.  Still cold but the sun was fabulous.

Deckhand

weather underground / disclaimer (hopefully)
GBCA Commodore 2014

Bob H

For Icicle #2, Zippity has Retired after finishing.
The 5th place point (1) now goes to Stinger.

See you all tomorrow for some warmer and sunnier weather!

Bee

Might that be Doodah and not Zippity?