2015 Icicle Series

Started by Christopher, December 04, 2014, 04:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob H

Results are now posted in the usual place.

If you have not already sent me your club handicap finish clock time (to the second, please), please do so. (rdhunkins(at)Verizon(dot)net)
Don't be shy if you were one of the later finishers. This might give you a bigger handicap next race.  ;)

For next Saturday, Don't forget! You and your crew: wear your white duck trousers, college ascots, blue blazers, and Captain's hats with Scrambled Eggs fore and aft for the Judge Elihu Smails Memorial Regatta! (Brown furry rodents are optional).
Best dressed and/or most creative boat to be inducted into that elite hall of fame! You too can come out of nowhere, a former grounds keeper, and become Masters champion.... Wait, that's golf.

Never mind. But you too, can do that. You don't even need a reason.

Veljko

I think you meant this link for the usual place:

http://gbca.memberlodge.org/resources/Documents/2015%20Cruzan%20Rum%20Icicle%20Series%20Results.pdf

Here's the faceoff between Chubby Boy J/70 and 77 J/92. The third leg is pretty exciting.

For those of you new to RaceQS.com replays: use a desktop browser with Flash player installed. And turn on your smartphone Raceqs App during the races!

Yogi

That ap is neat.  Just downloaded it will try it in Icicle 5.  Can we see all the boats using the ap? I will be Tri-d'n True #49.

George E Cushing

Bee, turn yours back on. Spread the word and urge others to get the ap. Great tool and nice to see the replay.

Bee

We had everything go wrong last Saturday --- including getting spectacularly fouled by Press to Meco --- so ours would have been ugly.

I will try to remember.  I got a new iPhone so will have to check and see if the app is still there.

Charles

Quote from: Bee on January 28, 2015, 06:53:48 AM
We had everything go wrong last Saturday --- including getting spectacularly fouled by Press to Meco --- so ours would have been ugly.

I will try to remember.  I got a new iPhone so will have to check and see if the app is still there.

It came within about three seconds of being "Crunch to Meco" !

Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Bee

App is on the new phone.  Now all I have to do is

Remember to start raceQs
Remember to turn tracking on the iPad (or iPhone)
Remember to get a good start.

Bob H

Bee

Forgot to say I have CRS disease

Christopher

Quote from: Bee on January 28, 2015, 11:48:16 AM
App is on the new phone.  Now all I have to do is

Remember to start raceQs

Use the Preset Start function while at the dock or now as you're reading this.

Quote from: Bee on January 28, 2015, 11:48:16 AM

Remember to get a good start

We cain't hep ya on that one there, bubba!   ::)
Mahalo nui loa

Bee

Well spanx for that. May be Sail Pro Start will help with the start.

Deckhand

Judge Smails photos. https://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets/72157648258838283/   Becky took the finishing pictures while I flew Missy. Hope to have the video out tomorrow.
GBCA Commodore 2014

Maarten

Great pictures as usual: thank you for sharing those always it makes the day after the race good as well. Looking forward to the videos.

Deckhand

Missy video from "The Smails". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7cbYBqd-A4. Missy was just about at her limits. As Chris Alk said "Aren't you glad you didn't invest in the stainless steel blades?". We had a great crew on board for the last race and had great gumbo from Steve Zirilli at the after-race party. See you at the Commodore's Ball!
GBCA Commodore 2014

Maarten

Did I miss the publication of the final results somehow?