HOOD 2015

Started by STuma, July 17, 2015, 11:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STuma

The NOR for the 2015 HOOD is up: http://houstonyachtclub.com/Portals/0/race/NOR_2015_HOOD.pdf

We are bringing back the level racing classes. There is a boat already entered in the Level 170 class. I know the J-27's, Soverel 27 and Inpulse 26 would make an awesome Level 120 class. I have won the Level 120 class on the Soverel, I know the boat is fast; but there is some real good competition out there... If you are interested in a level class and it is not listed, let us know and we will form it.

With the way racing has been going this year, I can see us having 100 boats for the HOOD. This will be a great tune up for the J-22's and the J-80's for their North Americans happening on the Bay shortly after the HOOD.

Some new ideas: Level Non-Spinnker classes, Level Distance and Level W/L courses... Like I've said, if ya'll have an idea for a course/class, let me know and we will do what we can to make it work. As it has been proved on Galveston Bay with the Rum Races, we do not limit ourselves to just the fast racing boats on the course.
cheers...
Scott

Dan

Little Joe is in for a Level 100 Class. I am hoping we can get enough boats and race the W/L. We rate 99 and there are 13 PHRF boats between 99 and 108.
Dan

gadangit

Is anyone interested in a level 120 ish class for those of us with a certain vintage boat?  Something with a D/L  (and/or)  SA/D qualifier?

Ericson 39 SolAire numbers:  PHRF Spin=126  D/L=313  SA/D=16.4

Distance course, bring any sails you have.

Chime in if you have interest.

Chris
Ericson 39 SolAire