Offshore II

Started by USA74, August 03, 2015, 02:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

USA74

Any news on the format for the next offshore race? If I need to request vacations days, I need to know pretty soon.

J.D.

Bee

GBCA Calendar says this is on the 26th and 27th of September.  Rumor is that they are going to run the old HYC Offshore Triangle.  Start at G11 as usual, round G5a, head to  Buccaneer, Freeport Outer, and then back to either G5 or G5a and finish at G11.  Could be the reverse of this as well.  Pretty sure you can count on the dates.

USA74

Cool. A round trip that doesn't require hotels, staging cars, etc. is a lot easier to coordinate. Thanks Bee! Let me know if you hear any more rumors.  :)

Bee

Yup.  Always one of my favorites.  Depending on who/what signs up, first gun is usually around 13:00-14:00.   We usually motor down (sail if the winds are right), start, finish, and have a fun ride back up the ditch.

Christopher

Quote from: Bee on August 03, 2015, 07:02:26 PM
GBCA Calendar says this is on the 26th and 27th of September.  Rumor is that they are going to run the old HYC Offshore Triangle.  Start at G11 as usual, round G5a, head to  Buccaneer, Freeport Outer, and then back to either G5 or G5a and finish at G11.  Could be the reverse of this as well.  Pretty sure you can count on the dates.

This is the current plan.  A 90nm overnight (Sat/Sun) triangle race.  Start and finish at the same place.  Cruising Club and (maybe) NonSpin may only do a 60nm two leg out and back version of this.
Mahalo nui loa