Maintenance prices in the Kemah seabrook area

Started by derklauer, August 26, 2015, 10:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derklauer

I've been calling around trying to get quotes to get my topside painted and hull (above waterline). And the numbers that are being tossed around by the yards in the area are beyond stupid.  They range from 200-300/ft for the hull and 400-500ft for the topside. Your rapidly exceeding 25k with those quotes. These numbers seem insanely high for a 30ft boat with no core rot.  Is there anyone in the area that performs work on older boats at a realistic price? 

Bee

derklauer

Tom Meeh of waterline: quoted a price that brought the hull down by half (the price I expected), and the topside by 25%. 

Bee

And Tom Meeh is one of the best.  Just remember that boat paint is very expensive.

Eric713

By far from the best, try Ben Miller.  Just another option. Seabrook Shipyard.

Eric713

The reference was for Ben Miller.  Somehow I didn't word that correctly.  I saw a 1980 Ericson 38 he painted.  She looked like a new boat.

Bee

shawn

Ben is good just look at the Catalina 22 fleet.  He did some really good stuff getting all those boats in shape and building a great fleet.
Shawn
Semi True Story

chris

Ben does solid work but I have always trusted my boat to Tom/Waterline Works.  Not cheap, but quality costs...