International Talk Like a Pirate Day, Sept 19th

Started by ChrisK, September 18, 2009, 11:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

Yes, this is a real holiday. Arrrggh!!

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

Events in the Houston area: (RIP Buccaneer Bar)

Bacliff - Katie's Bar is throwing a Talk Like A Pirate Day party and pirate costume contest on Sept, 19 from 1 p.m. until ?? Music by Gene Rutt and the Rag Tag Pirate Misfits Band (consisting of whoever they can drag together that can play and sing close to in tune.)

San Leone - For several years, Gene Rutt and his mates partied like pirates on TLAPD at the Buccaneer Bar in San Leone. Then, a week before the 2008 party, the bar got blown away - literally - by Hurricane Ike. The bar isn't quite back on its feet yet, so Rutt and his mates plan to do their Sept. 19 celebrations at nearby Katie's Bar in Bacliff.

Houston - A Convocation has been called for ye, and Piratical Mayhem be the Order of the Day. In the Infamous Port of Ill Repute in Houston on the Gulf of Texas, we shall gather at Mike's Place, (9110 Jones Rd) on Friday the 18th.
"Sure and it's a day early, but be We not Pirates, Lads and Wenches? We'll take 'em by surprise after the setting of the sun, and Ring in the Official Date with Flagons a'flyin' and Casks 'o Grog a tumblin' whilst we taps the Bungholes. ... Booty Gathering and Treasure Chest Raiding are heartily encouraged, me, um... Hearties. Wear the gear, garb thyself in your finest Port raiding accouterments, and hence be judged for thy Freebootiness! Grog specials, of course, and revelry and ribaldry be a must."

Info from http://www.talklikeapirate.com/tlapd09_2.html#northamerica
Past Commodore, 2010

Bee

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

beverly

ARGH is 25% R, ...so I think all drinks consumed today should contain 25% rum.

Sailchick

In some circles --- known as the Mutinous Dogs - this holiday is re-named, DRINK like a pirate day.

RIP Buccaneer Bar and your $5 buckets of beer.
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Chuck

So Beverly, did you cut back your rum drinks to 25% rum?

beverly

I used my new 24 oz. GBCA Tervis tumbler - 25% ice, 25% rum, 25% coke and left the top 25% empty so I didn't spill when we tacked - perfect!

KevinBednar

halfofweezy

For those of us who were not aware, can we declare a redo this Sunday?