When to join for 2010 Season?

Started by Honu, September 23, 2009, 11:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Honu

My wife and I want to join the GBCA to participate in the 2010 season (Icicle, Rum, Short-handed, Women's, Harvest Moon, etc.).  When should we join the GBCA?  I don't want to pay the dues in 2009 and have to repay in 2010.

Thanks.

Kevin Box

Join GBCA at any time you wish.  Your membership is not based on the calendar year.  Your expiration comes up a year from the month in which you joined.

I believe that PHRF-GB, your local PHRF handicapping authority, operates on the calendar year.  If you need a PHRF handicap for next year?s events, it may make sense to file for that after the first of the year.  I?d suggest contacting them to be sure:

http://phrfgb.com/

Burns

Kevin is correct with regard to PHRF certificates.  Renewal notices go out in December and the 2009 ratings expire on Jan 31 2010.

Honu

Thanks for the information.  I have already completed the PHRF-GB form, but I didn't send it since it said renewals before January 31.

If we choose, I want my GBCA membership to expire after the Harverst Moon regatta, so I will send my GBCA application at the end of October.

MaryM

Welcome to GBCA Honu!  Our big event this fall is the Performance Cup Regatta during some of the nicest racing weather of the year, shortly followed by the Icicle Series in January.  We look forward to seeing you on the water!