Rum Race SIs

Started by jmiller59, April 28, 2018, 02:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmiller59

When will the rum race SIs be published?

STuma

cheers...
Scott

Tye Dyed Gary

In the SI's you refer to mark "T". That is a HYC reference to the south bound high range marker. GBCA has it listed in it's old hand book as mark "F". 
Foredeck Crew Union, Local GBCA
'Shut Up' Just Drive the Boat

STuma

Quote from: Tye Dyed Gary on May 08, 2018, 10:58:45 AM
  In the SI's you refer to mark "T". That is a HYC reference to the south bound high range marker. GBCA has it listed in it's old hand book as mark "F".

I had forgotten what it was identified as in the day... I labeled it T when I was running HYC races in the south bay.

Basically, rotate the course 30 degrees right. The reach leg will be closer to a beam reach than it had been.  Forcing everyone to sail "old school"...
cheers...
Scott

Tye Dyed Gary

I like the change in course, and see it as an interesting challenge.   I, just think the marks should be designated under GBCA's system vs a different clubs. 
Foredeck Crew Union, Local GBCA
'Shut Up' Just Drive the Boat

STuma

Quote from: Tye Dyed Gary on May 09, 2018, 09:18:01 AM
  I like the change in course, and see it as an interesting challenge.   I, just think the marks should be designated under GBCA's system vs a different clubs.

Doesn't matter. Back in the day, all the clubs played well together where now, everyone is focused on their own thing, and they shared the same mark designations. This is something I can push forward to the other clubs. Many of the original marks are not in place. I may just assign structures to marks and see if the others will follow suit.

Thanks for the sheet of marks..... Brought back some good Spring and Fall Series memories.

cheers...
Scott

Charles

I haven't been here all that long, but somewhere, sometime, someplace, it was labled "K" Mark.  Refered to it as K-Mart, or the giraffe.
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Bob H

I think having a consistent set of names of the fixed marks in the bay is good. It's less for people to remember. Everyone who's sailed a rum or icicle race knows what "E" and "H" are. LYC is using that designation (credit to GBCA) in the Shoe Regatta.

Speaking of which... Please enter! We need only 1 or two boats in many of the GBCA popular fleets to form!
See my post for the links!
-Bob H.

Bee

Quote from: Charles on May 10, 2018, 08:10:24 PM

I haven't been here all that long, but somewhere, sometime, someplace, it was labled "K" Mark.  Refered to it as K-Mart, or the giraffe.

"T" is in my chart plotter as K-mark.