phrfgb.com is now on line

Started by Burns, February 03, 2010, 04:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burns

The New Website is up and running:  http://phrfgb.com/index.asp

Check it out. Easier searching, less clutter and we now have the ability to modify data as we go.  We are making every effort to add in all of the boats that have received a certificate but were never posted on the old site and checking the accuracy of the current data for all the boats in the fleet.  For this reason alone it is important that you check the data closely on your renewals.  We will still be making modifications until we work out the kinks but for now you can access it and review your boat.  Props go to Stuart Lindow for making this happen.

Another change you will start to see is listing of boats that are up for a rating or are appealing their current rating prior to each meeting, which by the way is scheduled for February 11th at HYC.

If you click on the Agenda tab you will get the 'docket' for the upcoming meeting.  Under section 5, 3 boats had their rating changed at the December annual review.  As per the by-laws the new rating does not go into effect until after the February appeals meeting.  The fourth boat on the list has filed an appeal to his current rating.  It is our objective to post proposed ratings and appeals prior to the actual discussion so that interested parties will have an opportunity to review and comment.  If you do have a comment please let one of the board members know.  Let's not use the GBCA discussion board for that purpose.

BB

Charles

Quote from: Screwloose on February 03, 2010, 04:39:09 PM

The New Website is up and running.  "phrfgb.com"

Check it out. Easier searching, less clutter and we now have the ability to modify data as we go.  We are making every effort to add in all of the boats that have received a certificate but were never posted on the old site and checking the accuracy of the current data for all the boats in the fleet.  For this reason alone it is important that you check the data closely on your renewals.  We will still be making modifications until we work out the kinks but for now you can access it and review your boat.  Props go to Stuart Lindow for making this happen.

Another change you will start to see is listing of boats that are up for a rating or are appealing their current rating prior to each meeting, which by the way is scheduled for February 11th at HYC.

If you click on the Agenda tab you will get the 'docket' for the upcoming meeting.  Under section 5, 3 boats had their rating changed at the December annual review.  As per the by-laws the new rating does not go into effect until after the February appeals meeting.  The fourth boat on the list has filed an appeal to his current rating.  It is our objective to post proposed ratings and appeals prior to the actual discussion so that interested parties will have an opportunity to review and comment.  If you do have a comment please let one of the board members know.  Let's not use the GBCA discussion board for that purpose.

BB

I like it!
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

ChrisK

Much improved!

With the upcoming season, and a good number of new boats getting active racing, now would be a good time to mention the PHRF Application page.

Only $25 or so, think of it as your boat's passport to race...

While I'm thinking about it, being a volunteer on the PHRF committee is probably the most unappreciated job in Galveston Bay.
Kudos to all involved.
Past Commodore, 2010

Bee

Interesting but not very accurate.  Only J105 listing is for calls sails.  Never able to get an accurate rating for Stinger.  Hopefully Stinger can continue to race OD most of the time.  Not looking forward to a protest.  Guess I should have stayed with class sails.

Bee

Charles

One neat thing is, now I can match up names and boats.  Good job, Stuart.
Charles
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Chris P

What's it mean if our data isn't there - or rather, I can find my boat's name, and boat type, but no other data is listed?

Bee

Quote from: Chris P on February 05, 2010, 05:14:34 PM
What's it mean if our data isn't there - or rather, I can find my boat's name, and boat type, but no other data is listed?

Well in my case is probably means that I am an Old Phart with diminishing skills at mouse clicking.  It took me forever to learn that I did not need to trap a mouse to get on a computer.

Burns

Quote from: Chris P on February 05, 2010, 05:14:34 PM

Send me an email with your information and I will look into it

Bee

Invictus is there.  Search on your name.  That is, enter only your name, and search on that.

DollFin

Same here - nothing for Big D other than the name.

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

Bee

Hmmm.  Is Dolphin a J30 with a PHRF Spin of 135?

Chris P

OK, I got it now. I must've had too many conflicting fields filled in or something techy.... seems really great. Hey, will it make me sail faster?

tbroadhead

We have opened the database with 500+ boats. We hope to add another 300+ in the next couple of weeks. Not all the data is here yet but have fun while we tweak it and get get everything corrected. You can send me an e-mail on the phrfgb website if have you more info. Thanks for your patience. Tim

DollFin

Quote from: Bee on February 05, 2010, 06:39:07 PM
Hmmm.  Is Dolphin a J30 with a PHRF Spin of 135?

If that was meant for me, "DollFin" is just an on-line name I've used for years and not my boat. I'm regular crew on Big D (Peterson 34'). Sorry for any confoozyan! ???   

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444