Test Drive Day - Austin Yacht Club

Started by Jonsey, April 08, 2010, 02:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

Check your messages Jonsey, sent you some HYC leads...
Such an event sounds like win/win to me. 

Glad to hear it worked out in Austin. The weather sure seemed to cooperate!
Past Commodore, 2010

SaraDavis

The Leukemia Cup Kickoff will be a perfect opportunity to promote Test Drive Day.  Timing couldn't be better (May 13th -- two weeks prior to TDD).  Can someone provide flyers and some kind of signage...maybe even manpower to staff a small table? 

Hamburger

Folks, I have checked with the LYC Flag and got the necessary support to put on an event like this. Tentative date: Saturday, 5/22, a week after the Shoe Regatta. J-Boats Southwest would support the event, similar to AYC, as would Jeff Jones/Viper. I'm also checking with KO Sailing. The concept would include test drives on the Lake for the smaller boats and the Bay for J-80 and up.

There's also talk about HYC, and I don't want us to get into a 'club competition'. So, let me hear y'alls thoughts on the venue. I'm personally not fond of the idea to split the event for the larger and smaller boats. One advantage of LYC is that we have almost everything from J-22 to J-145 at the club (exception: J-132 and shaky on J-24). Of course, I haven't checked with any of the owners yet.......If we go with LYC, the proposed date is pretty much 'it' unless we want to wait until it's unbearably hot and the wind disappears. Since this is less than 4 weeks away, let's settle the venue quickly!

Bee

Stinger would be happy to be part of this.

I really do not care who sponsors this (HYC or LYC) but I think doing it from the Kemah BoarkWalk would be spectacular if we could get by Fertittaville Insurance Police.

STuma

My vote is to go with who steps forward first.. It sounds like LYC is more interested in the event.. let it em roll with it...  the smaller boats can run in the lake, with the bigger boats running in the bay (as been said before)...  I think we need to double check the social calandar to make sure there aren't too many things overlapping... Could it be possible to have a special deal at Leukemia, top donator, to be a special host at the Test Drive Day?  something to get the general public more involved and feeling special? 

For the 5/22 date, I will not be able to be there, out of town.. But I would love to help coordinate what I can...

cheers...
Scott
cheers...
Scott

Chris P

Can I volunteer my C&C 110 - a sort-of taste test of the racer/cruiser (cruiser/racer) realm? 

Bee

A C&C 110 is a really nice boat.  Should be something really well received one way or the other.