Order your GBCA Burgee

Started by ChrisK, April 21, 2010, 11:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

Back by popular demand: The GBCA Burgee!

For this pre-order, we are selling them at cost, so you should buy alot of them, fly them off your boat, your house, at work and if you prefer: the finer bar establishments in the area.  
Makes a great gift for guest crew!

$16.50 for the 12 x 18 inch
Bigger burgee size now available: 24x36, are $26
These are high quality and hand made by Captial Flags right here in Houston, Texas.

To keep life easy, accepting pre-orders. You?ll get your burgee in the mail along with your bill before the Rum Races begin.  So we?ll tack on $1-$2 for shipping.  
As last time, we prefer snail mail delivery, that way, we get it done and don?t have to chase you around all season.
E-mail ckelley at cobfen dot com: Your name, mailing address, size, number.

Of course, we will order some extras available for sale at the clubhouse, but those go fast when the rum starts flowing and exact change is rarely available  :D

In case you were wondering about proper size (from Google):
Flags such as club burgees, private signals and courtesy flags for use on sailboats, should be approximately 1/2 inch for each foot of the highest mast above the water. For example, on a 30ft. boat, with 50ft. between the masthead and the water, the burgee should be about 25 in. i.e. about 2 ft. The shape and proportions of pennants and burgees will be prescribed by the organization which they relate to.
Past Commodore, 2010

ChrisK

Update: The burgee order is being placed tomorrow. Let me know if you would like a burgee.
Past Commodore, 2010

ChrisK

Burgees are in from Capital Flags. To those that gave me a mailing address, I'll be mailing them Monday (tomorrow) so you should be able to fly them for the Rum Race #1 Saturday. 
Thanks to those the pre-ordered!
Stay tuned, we'll have more GBCA merchandise becoming available soon.
Past Commodore, 2010

Bee

Big ones are very nice.  We flew the Burgee during the Test Drive Day this Saturday.  Fun.

msteele

Chris,
How can I get my hands on a burgee?  Cost?  I am sending my dues in the mail today.  Would like to have so that I can fly it next weekend along with my other laundry.

ChrisK

Marta, I've PM'd you.

Yes indeed, we do have a few burgees left, also a few that need to be picked up!
Past Commodore, 2010