Test Drive Day on 5/22 at LYC is on!

Started by Hamburger, May 03, 2010, 09:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamburger

The Test Drive Day at Lakewood Yacht Club is definitely 'on'! Mark your calendar for Saturday 5/22 and, most importantly, pass it on to everybody you know who

• is trying to get into sailing but hasn't found a way to get in
    • is a casual sailor but may be interested in getting into racing and wants to try a faster ride
    • is new to the area and wants to establish connections
    • wants to hang out with all the other sailors
    • wants to help promote sailing in the area
    • etc.

J-Boats Southwest will be there and is graciously sponsoring refreshments, the Viper 640 will be there to satisfy all those who couldn't stop salivating after seeing them at the Shoe Regatta and KO Sailing will be out to demonstrate some of their sailing toys. There should be something for everyone, from big to small. I'll post the complete boat list as soon as I have everybody committed.

Plan on having a blast!! And don't forget to call your friends who always wanted to crew on your boat, but you always had a full crew already.....[/list]

Jonsey

Looks like the hamburglar made it happen

Bee

Cool.  Hopefully the wind and weather Dog will look favorably on the event.

Hamburger

Check out the attached flyer for details about the Test Drive Day. J-Boats Southwest is also bringing the new J-95!

As Buddy said in a previous posting: This is an opportunity to grow the sport. Let's do it! Pass the flyer on to your neighbors and friends!

Bee

Can someone send be a larger printable version?

Jonsey

shoot me an email and i'll send you a larger version Bee viper640tx (at) gmail dot com

Hamburger

Bee, if you click on the text below the picture, you'll get the jpg picture and can print that. Or do we need to call Steve Jobs? Just messin' with ya....... :)

Bee

Good old jonsey did it the nice way Al.  I have a nice big print out that will be posted at the office.  Not that all that many people will see it.

STuma

Great job... Is LYC willing to put some sort of advertising out on NASA 1? 
    cheers...
    Scott

Hamburger

I don't think so, Scott. We'll have an anouncement on the 'banner' at the club entrance, and will put up posters at West Marine etc.

Hamburger

Don't forget to come down to LYC for the Test Drive Day on this Saturday starting at 10:00am! You saw the Viper 640's putting on a show last weekend. Come out and drive one yourself!! On the other end, the J-145 will be taking folks out in the bay. If you're more interested in J-80's, 105's, 109's or 122's, they will all also be there to take folks out.  Then we have the Weta tri and the Hobie Adventure to mess around on the lake. Check it out!!

ChrisK

*bump*
    Looks like a nice day for a test drive. 
    See you there
    Past Commodore, 2010

BoomerangJ

It was a great day for sailing yesterday!  Thanks to all who came out and participated.  I believe we will gain a few more sailors as a result of our efforts!  Special thanks to Hamburger for organizing the event and all of the boat owners that stepped up to open their boat up and take people sailing.   Lots of smiles and positive sailing talk all day long!

So now whats next?  Lets keep breaking out of the norm and put together events that are fun and social and introduce new people to the sport!