Donations for GBCA

Started by thomas, June 06, 2010, 08:21:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomas

I was at the GBCA social last night after the rum race, and had eaten some food and had a glass of beer. I looked for a donation jar or something where I could make a donation to help pay for the food and drink I had. I didn't see anything.

BJSailor

Wow!  I don't think I've ever made so much pasta that was good enough that someone would actually want to PAY for it!!!  Now, if we're talking about the Caldwell's culinary contributions - I'd pay for those in a heartbeat!
There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

thomas

Hey that was pretty good. I was just thinking that if donations were accepted, donations would be made. I didn't see any place to give one.

ChrisA

Thomas, just get everyone you know to sign up for membership. That's the contribution we need. Buy shirts, burgees and tumblers to get the word out. We keep the Rum Races and Icicle Races transparently free as our contribution to Galveston Bay racing.

Sailchick

If you aren't already - you can become a crew member or a senior member for a very small dollar amount!  We use our membership dues to give you great parties!!
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Tye Dyed Gary

Back in the last century we use to pass the hat at the after race parties. But, with the change in Liquor laws in this state, we were advised that we would have to get a Liquor license and/or be responsible if something happened to someone after they left the party, or, Open bar, let everyone mix there own drink and the club could not be held responsible.  NOW join GBCA and enjoy the parties.
Foredeck Crew Union, Local GBCA
'Shut Up' Just Drive the Boat