2010 REGATTA DE AMIGOS News Thread

Started by Kevin Bednar, June 16, 2010, 10:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

Seaquell just left for home, or maybe Tuxpan, about a half hour ago. Rest of fleet is moving to anchor in front of Veracruz YC and staying an extra day or two. Seaquell and the rest should have trackers on with two hour check-in mode....
Past Commodore, 2010

Eric713

I'll bet Texas Ranger didn't complain about those 4 in. heeled boots on the non-skid.

ChrisK

It looks like Seaquell did the right thing and came back.  The Malecon is absolutely full of people.100,000 easy A festive atmosphere to be sure.
Past Commodore, 2010

Terry Young

Any one known what happen to Moonstruck, they pulled out of the race early and went into Corpus.

ChrisK

See post on prior page:
Moonstruck had generator/charging problems and pulled in to port A early on.    

Right now the fleet is (wisely) waiting for TS Alex to pass.  

I've got some great pics I need to post...  

If you missed Veracruz, four of the tall ships will be headed to Corpus to be the centerpiece of the July 4th festivities
It looks like a Friday morning arrival in CC instead of Thursday due to Alex.
The entry of the Chilean ship into the harbor, in all her grandor, is something you don't want to miss.  Each ship is spectacular.

Check out http://www.sailsouthtexas2010.com/
Past Commodore, 2010

B Sailing/Alan Bates

UPDATE on Corpus Christi Sail South Texas Event:
CORPUS CHRISTI ? Postponed

- Sail South Texas 2010. The four tall ships scheduled to arrive for Sail South Texas 2010 Thursday through July 5 at Port of Corpus Christi Ingleside Facility were expected to depart Veracruz, Mexico, Tuesday with a planned arrival at Ingleside on Friday morning. Thursday?s Sail South Texas VIP Welcome Event has been canceled. Sail South Texas 2010 is set to open at 10 a.m. Friday for the public to view the ships? arrival. Event activities also should open at 10 a.m.. Due to the late arrival of the ships, no public tours of the ships will be scheduled until 10 a.m. Saturday. The Friday fireworks have been rescheduled to Saturday at 9:30 pm.
Alan Bates/B Sailing-281-212-7348
Learn to sail and race J/Boats in annual membership sailing club. Unlimited sailing on "your' own boat.

ChrisK

Looking at the race tracker, it appears a few of the boats have left Veracruz this morning to head home and chase the tail of Alex.

For the trip back, the trackers have been set on a two hour check-in mode vs. the one hour mode on the way down.
Past Commodore, 2010

ChrisK

Looks like Ciclon turned around and tucked into what looks like a pocket park in Tuxpan.  Hopefully all is well.  Capt. Midnight is abeam of Brownsville. I bet they're wet.
The rest of the boats are carrying some good speed, with a couple of 10+ knots sprinkled around. 
Past Commodore, 2010

kahicks

Ciclon broke a stay or something like that, can only use the jib. Motoring/sailing home. They are all well and checked this morning. Think they will be home tomorrow.