2010 REGATTA DE AMIGOS News Thread

Started by Kevin Bednar, June 16, 2010, 10:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Bednar

This thread is for posting information specific to this year's race to Veracruz.  It's stickied to the top of the forum and open to anyone who'd like to post comments about the race.

ChrisK

TerraMar Race tracker:

If you use the direct link you might get some sort of login screen. If that's the case:

Click
http://www.veracruzregatta.com/ 
In the far right corner of the page click the link for the TerraMar Race Tracker

Past Commodore, 2010

ChrisK

The race start is today, 2pm, out of the jetties, at marker 11. 
RC will be stationed on Boddacker road.
If you're in Galveston, stop by and mingle, and watch the fleet begin their 610 nm journey.
Past Commodore, 2010

Sailaway

Scott and I took Tramp out to watch the start of the Regatta de Amigos and took a few pictures.  Here is the link!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets

Enjoy

John

m/v Tramp

Kevin Box

Good pics John.  RC is on station in Veracruz!  We can see some Tall Ships beginning to anchor out south of Isla Sacrificios.  We'll post some pictures when they begin to enter the harbor.

For those watching the race tracking, Moonstruck had generator/charging problems and pulled in to port A. 

ChrisK

First boats have arrived Rosalita and Cicilon.  We can see them right outside the harbor. Also the tallships are lined up in the distance. A spectacular sight. Dress whites all around...no wind yet so its a little steamy.
Past Commodore, 2010

Kevin Box

All boats are finished.  The scene in the port is too big to describe here.  The big winner yesterday was Texas Ranger.  The Sol beer girls filmed an ad on the boat.  Here's a little taste of "Sol"...

Eric713

I'll take the one on the left. More pictures please.  Fine lines and built for speed.  Do they speak English?  Not that it matters.  Bring them back!  They would make great crew!!!!!

Scoundrel

Just signed up for spanish classes at HCC, bring me the one in the center!

thomas

wow...i'd buy that beer for the cause.

Eric713

Dump the Shiner keg.  Add a SOL keg and put those babes on the next Rum Race postcard.. Now thats marketing!

hayesrigging

Anyone hear what the fleet is going to do about coming home with the tropical storm expected in the gulf early next week??

bartz365

I know that I'm computer challenged, but where can I find the results? I've looked everywhere and except for the comment about Texas Ranger I don't know anything else about the finish order.

Kevin Box

Now back to your regularly scheduled broadcast on the Sol Channel: