Snipe owners

Started by ChrisK, August 20, 2010, 07:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

Got some interesting mail with a demo DVD regarding a film project and the boat's upcoming 80 year anniversary. I would like to forward this nicely done promotional packet along to any local Snipe owner who might be interested....
Past Commodore, 2010

STuma

If anyone does own a snipe, does it still float?  John Browning had made an outdoor bar with a half-a-snipe... was great idea...
cheers...
Scott

Keith

snipe fleet is alive and kicking in Southern California and it is a fantastic boat.  i work with Jeff Lenhart (past Snipe World Champion, Pan Am games etc) and I enjoy hearing him talk about the boat all the time. Last week there was a 24 hour regatta (cool idea for Clear Lake Area in V-15's or something similar) in Mission Bay sailed in snipes and that was a blast.

Not local anymore but I would love to have the promotional packet around the loft here.

joe

email thehuntergroup@gmail.com and they will put you in touch.   Whisker poles on a bungee, close racing and minimal expense.  Plus a great national org.

ChrisK

Keith, you should get the packet by the weekend.

A boat converted to a bar? I thought most proper sailboats were already a floating bar....
Past Commodore, 2010

Keith

Thanks again Chris, I owe you a drink next time I am in Texas, hopefully for the Harvest Moon.