BBVA Compass Performance Cup Regatta October 9th and 10th, 2010

Started by Leigh Ann, August 26, 2010, 11:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailchick

Sorry.....shrimp might technically be considered seafood --- did I mention CHICKEN??? 
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

gwittich

In Texas, chicken is technically considered a vegetable - any other side orders?
Gerhard Wittich/sv Figaro

Sailchick

MaryM

BJSailor

Quote from: Sailchick on September 22, 2010, 11:16:08 PM
chicken.....and hush puppies.....and fries.....and shrimp......

Salad / slaw???

Coke, tea, beer?  Something other than rum?

Not everyone wants a rum-fest with a side of fryer grease (yea, I'm WAAAYYYY overexagerating, I know) ;D  I'm sure the catering will be as outstanding as in prior years and the rum will flow as freely as at all GBCA BASHES!  A few folks might appreciate a something light and cool to eat and just kickin' back with some tasty iced tea.
There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

Sailchick

Hey everyone -- Shirt order is going in today.  I've ordered extras but if you want to guarantee that you'll have one come race weekend --- tell me now!!

Sailchick

I know you all love to wait until the last minute but please sign up for the Bank Regatta on October 9 and 10.  It's only 2 weeks away!!!

ChrisK

Wow! The first real cold front is here (9/27). Almost light jacket weather
Today's weather should motivate you to sign up
Wish I was sailing!
Past Commodore, 2010

Charles

Quote from: ChrisK on September 27, 2010, 08:01:22 AM
Wow! The first real cold front is here (9/27). Almost light jacket weather
Today's weather should motivate you to sign up
Wish I was sailing![/quote]

Me Too!  Unfortunately, I have to mow the yard and weed the flower beds.  @#$%*
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

MaryM

Oh for pete's sake people - log in to regatta network and sign up already!  It's going to be one of the nicest weekends of the year and there is not a Texan's home game on Sunday.  We promise we will have the game playing at the party!

MaryM

I must apologize and I can't believe that no one called me out on this - there is a home game that weekend, not sure how I missed that!!  With the exception of the the Haye's and the Caldwell's or anyone else that has season tickets, get signed up!

Sailchick

Time Saturday, October 9 ? 6:00pm - 10:00pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location Seabrook Shipyard Pool (The old Sunset Grille)
1900 Marina Bay Dr
Seabrook, TX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join us for a fun night on Jennings Island to celebrate the BBVA Compass Performance Cup Regatta!
Enjoy......
Mojitos from Treaty Oak Rum
Texas Fuzz from Graham's Texas Tea
Rum Bar
Keg
Catfish on Wheels for $15 a plate
and
special guest.....
LIVE MUSIC by Galveston favorite The LINEUP!!!!!

Jeff K

Who wasn't on the vang?

ChrisK

Latest BBVA news:
Hot off the press
Share with your friends
Nice job on the e-blast Sailchick!

GBCA Club handicappers take note....

"Courses for GBCA Club Handicap will be a combination of windward-leeward, distance and or triangle courses of various lengths in that part of Galveston Bay bounded by The Bayport Ship Channel, The Houston Ship Channel and the shoreline between Red Bluff and San Leon"

Translation: unless something weird comes up, a fixed mark, distance course for the 'safety orange' class!
Click here to sign up

Past Commodore, 2010

beverly

So fellow Club Racer/Cruisers, just an FYI - Walter and I will be on pin-boat duties on Saturday, and rooting for our Texan's on Sunday, so come on out and hold up the tradition of having some Racer/Cruisers out there for what's looking to be a great weekend.  If you haven't made it to one of these parties - they're GREAT!  Not that our make-your-own food/drink deals aren't the bomb.  We're hoping to provide a fun weekend on and off the water.  Cool trophies to boot - as soon as I get some more names on the entry list :-)