Jfest Results

Started by sailfastliveslow, October 17, 2010, 08:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sailfastliveslow

DwightB

Apologies for the delay.....stayed at LYC a little longer than I intended to this evening.

Here are the results......  http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_regatta_results.php?regatta_id=3281

- Dwight

Quest

No apologies needed here. Ya'll ran a great event and you deserve some time at the bar...   ;D

sailfastliveslow

JBoats Southwest, LCYC, the OTW coaches, and all the staff and crew who helped to make this a stellar event should pat themselves on the back.  Excellent regatta, great PRO work and fun for all before, during, and after each race!  See you in 2011.  Keep the back to back weekend schedule with Harvest Moon!

http://picasaweb.google.com/DrWebCT/JFestRegattaSouthwestOctober2010#

J24srock

Everyone did a great job on such short notice! Really looking forward to 2011's event!!

J/24 Siren

Xavier

Fantastic Job. I still remember the 1st. time the J fest was runned in Houston, what a great regatta it was and I was disappointed that it didn't come back. Now that it's here, I'll put my grain in the pile to make it better next year. As a comment that I heard several times on Saturday afternoon was the price of drinks. At $8 a drink I believe many sailors stayed away from the bar. I believe we want to support the Yacht Club, you may want to look into that next year. I can't wait to go to Annapolis to use that certificate, I guess I'll have to wait until spring.

Jonsey

Hey, you own a Jboat and you're bitching about overpaying for beer?

kidding ;-)

sailfastliveslow

BoomerangJ

Thanks for the great comments!  It was a lot of fun to put on this event!  We are already planning on how to make it bigger and better for next year.

I want to commend all of the sailors for the corinthian racing that took place on the race course. What I have been hearing across the board is how nice it was that people sailed in an honorable and friendly manner.  I know on the J/105 course I never heard any yelling and everyone told me how much fun it was to sail in a competitive, but friendly manner!  Keep it up!  Gives me a couple of ideas for some more awards for next year!

Hope to have picture links up soon!

Scott

BoomerangJ

Ooops!  already great picture links up!  Thanks for posting these!

Jonsey

Don't worry, Scott knows I'm just kidding him.  In fact he's jumping the fence to to help us whip up on that big blue jboat this weekend.

Quote from: sailfastliveslow on October 18, 2010, 04:04:34 PM
Be nice now Jeff :o

Trink

S/V Toccata

BoomerangJ

Wow!  Great pics Trink!

BTW-Enjoyed meeting you and your wife this past Wednesday night!

Grind4Beer

After looking at the results, all I've got to say is that it's very easy to figure out which races I got good or bad starts ... Maybe one of these years I'll finally get smart enough to keep from getting ping-ponged back into the cheap seats on the occasions when I manage to claw back into contention ...

... A big round of applause for LYC, J-Boats, and Dwight and his crew for a fantastic weekend of racing on the little-boat line. The only thing I'd add to the weekend would be a 10-min break for lunch on Sat ...

And the opportunity to chat with Johnstone, who started the whole thing 30-something years ago was sheer bonus ... Loosely figured, at about 4-5 hours every-other weekend day for the last 20 years plus another chunk for Wed nites (maybe minus a bit for C&C and etc rides), I'd guess that I've easily spent more than 5000 hours sailing his J-boats, some of them frustrating, some of them hair-raising, but just about all of them *FUN* ... And yanno, multiply that by the thousands of J-boats afloat, and there ain't many people who've put that much *good* into our lives ...

... Thanks again, to LYC, Dwight, the sponsors, etc ...

G4B ...