Started by sailfastliveslow, November 03, 2010, 12:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayZ

Quote from: DollFin on November 14, 2010, 11:04:12 AM
Quote from: JayZ on November 11, 2010, 04:59:05 PM
any other 40 year old boats out there?

Cheers,
JZ

Conditions permitting, we might enter the Soling. :)

...that means big winds and heavy chop right? ;)
Jay Zittrer
s/v BANJO GIRL

sailfastliveslow

COME ON FOLKS!  CRANK UP THE REGISTRATIONS!  Only 72 hours to go and we have a measly 32 boats registered. Alamitos Bay is running a Turkey Day same day and they already 200+ boats!  WTF Texas, let's kick some West Coast Ass and get a few more showing up for a wonderful regatta this coming weekend.

>:(DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS! >:(

Frank Tamborello

Quote from: sailfastliveslow on November 16, 2010, 02:51:25 PM
COME ON FOLKS!  CRANK UP THE REGISTRATIONS!  Only 72 hours to go and we have a measly 32 boats registered. Alamitos Bay is running a Turkey Day same day and they already 200+ boats!  WTF Texas, let's kick some West Coast Ass and get a few more showing up for a wonderful regatta this coming weekend.

Agreed! We could especially use some more boats in the phrf spin distance fleet?there's only three of us!

JayZ

Quote from: Frank Tamborello on November 18, 2010, 11:56:24 AM
Quote from: sailfastliveslow on November 16, 2010, 02:51:25 PM

Agreed! We could especially use some more boats in the phrf spin distance fleet?there's only three of us!

----I prefer to race distance with a spin also but don't have one yet for Banjo Girl.   That said, y'all could always come over to the N.S. distance we've got a good group of PHRF C (read slow) boats shaping up.
Jay Zittrer
s/v BANJO GIRL

Grind4Beer

I just finished installing a new fwd hatch, and redoing the bowlights turned into a 2-weekend project at about 4:30pm last Sunday, so I've swapped one duck-tape spot on the foredeck for another ... Argh!! ... It needs to get done, though, so y'all have fun racing for turkeys, I'll be wedging wiring into the pointy end ...

Silver Bullet won't be out this weekend but look out in January, and I've got 2-wks of use-it-or-lose-it vacation in December. So, if anybody wants to bang around the bay on weekdays, get in touch ...

G4B

Burns

If you like racing in 10-15 knots, sunny skies and mid 70's temps and you did not enter this one you missed a great day.  Kudos to the HYC Race Committee for packing in 18 legs of fun racing yesterday.

sailfastliveslow

PHENOMENAL sailing in Houston this weekend!   Weather perfect.  Committee perfect.  Crew work perfect.  Results, well, almost perfect.  Big thanks to HYC for really, really well run event.  Apologies for skipping out of awards ceremony...long drive back to Corpus.  Apologies to Soverel for near cluster-frack on final start...you closed my front door and all I had was the back door to stick it in.  Wait, that doesn't right :o.  Well, you know, leeward rights :D

marc

I have to say, that HYC distance course is a very good race course.

We hopped in it at the last minute when no PHRF B materialized, just thinking we would sail around the bay with friends like a rum race. It turned out to be a much more interesting course than I ever expected. The 8.5- 9.0 miles, were almost half Windward Leewards with 5 or 6 mark roundings, the legs were short enough to keep things interesting, the mix of boats meant that even the reaching legs involved opportunities to pass, or defend your weather hip. We had a few jibe sets, a sale change or two mid-leg. The long weather leg off the start put a premium on starts and upwind tactics. The long downwind leg to finish provided the chance to work the angles and puffs. All of this while sailing in the relatively flat water and little trafficked far upper bay off HYC.

I recommend that as a nice change of pace if you ever want to do something different. From a race management perspective it may not be completely crazy to do that course sometime as 1 race of a regatta otherwise made up of WL races, since it can be sailed in under 2 hours with any kind of wind.

Marc

ChrisK

No apology needed sailfastliveslow.  That little red B25 is an impressive machine, higher faster, sailed with minimal mistakes. 

Thanks for coming to Houston to play. It's good to see so many road warriors with you and the Viper crowd.  It keeps it interesting. I just wish more PHRF B Spin woud come out to play. We have some good boats here.

Also, great job James Liston and the rest of the gang on RC. 
A fine weekend of racing to end 2010.

Looking ahead, the 2011 Galveston Bay schedule is posted....
Past Commodore, 2010

Jonsey

GREAT regatta!  RC work was super!   Perfect weather and great company.

Chris, we're going to be looking over the Calender... certainly a few takers for the single / mixed doubles...  but the fleet is talking about heading down for at least two or three OD event's on the bay next year. 

bshores

Jeff, any Viper gopro vids from the weekend?  Looks like you had good conditions for it.

Jonsey

Afraid not Brian, but looks like there will be at least three new reasons to take the fleet to hyc this spring.

Let me back up, Juan took his go pro but just held it.....  We ll see what he ends up with.

Hope momma and the new additions are all doing well.