2011 GBCA/Galveston Bay Racing Schedule

Started by ChrisK, November 04, 2010, 06:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric713

What is up with the first six lines of the 2011 Racing Schedule?  They look like they are in Arabic!

Jim Powers

Quote from: Eric713 on December 11, 2010, 06:01:26 PM
What is up with the first six lines of the 2011 Racing Schedule?  They look like they are in Arabic!

هو غلطة

Kevin Bednar

Allah'u Akabar!  It will be made correct, bismallah.

Hamburger

While you're at it, Kevin: Shouldn't events like the HYC J/22 Heritage Cup, LYC Daysailor Nationals and LYC J/Fest be listed on the regatta side of the schedule?

Frank Tamborello

We're about two weeks out from the hangover regatta now. Are there to be any instructions or do we just show up whenever we can pick ourselves off the deck and start sailing about haphazardly?

Jim Powers

Quote from: Frank Tamborello on December 15, 2010, 02:13:56 PM
We're about two weeks out from the hangover regatta now. Are there to be any instructions or do we just show up whenever we can pick ourselves off the deck and start sailing about haphazardly?

here you go: http://houstonyachtclub.com/documents/2011_REVOGNAH.pdf

Bee

Actually all you do is show up at the "skippers" meeting.  You will find the SI's very interesting.  They usually describe a very interesting set of "rules."  Should be a lot of fun if the weather cooperates.

ChrisK

From the HYC weekly e-mail:

"Revognah, the New Year's Day race, is Saturday Jan. 1 at HYC.  The skipper's meeting is at noon in the main bar and racing begins around 1:30 p.m.  The race is open to all keel boats."
Past Commodore, 2010

Bee

The black eyed peas and if memory serves, corn bread, are very good.

MaryM

anyone else remember the Revognah a few years ago when it was so foggy you had to listen for other boats around you?  Couldn't see jack until they appeared on your bow!

Leigh Ann

I remember that - I have some pictures somewhere - of course they all look like a gray blob!!!

Bee

Oh, do I remember that one.  Mostly I  remember that as we neared one of the turning marks Harris Knecht's Nemo comes flying out of the soup right at at us. As it turns out it really wasn't all that much of a close call, but it sure scared the hell out of me. If memory serves we were on Aftershock at the time.

Jim Powers

Because every month has three or more weekend events. We're tired by December!

ChrisK

Added some helpful links for various one design fleets and Texas circuit stop racing. If you have any others to add, please PM me.

http://www.gbca.org/Default.aspx?pageId=923815
Past Commodore, 2010

Brad

The most current Viper Texas Circuit schedule is:

March 10 ? 13   Mardi Gras Race Week, New Orleans LA
May 7 - 8   DCYC Leukemia Cup, Lewisville Tx
June 11 ? 12   Mauri Pro Sailing Cup, Corpus Christi, Tx
September 17 ? 18   Houston Yacht Club One Design Regatta
October 1 ? 2   AYC Governors Cup, Austin Tx
November 12 ? 13   Wurstfest Regatta, Lake Canyon Tx

In addition, we plan on having a Viper class at all the major Galveston Bay regattas this year starting with the HYC Midwinter Regatta this month.

Brad