2011 GBCA Wall Calendar, be a part of it!

Started by ChrisK, December 02, 2010, 04:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

For the first time, GBCA is putting together a 2011 wall calendar this year, featuring 12 of the 17,793 pictures this year from the Lacy Brothers!  
As a bonus, the calendar will also include next year's Galveston Bay Racing Schedule printed right on there.
How cool is that?  8)

If you would like to sponsor a 'page' (one month). It's $150. For your $150, we'll work with you to feature your boat in racing action!
OR
If you're a business owner, we'll feature a banner at the base of the featured picture, promoting your business.

Your $150 sponsorship will cover printing of 150-175 8"x11" wall calendars and post office delivery to every GBCA member.  
We don't intend to make money (or lose money) on this venture, but the goal is to promote the local racing scene somewhat like the Sharon Green/Ultimate Sailing style.

Of course, you have the option to sponsor multiple months :-)

Please PM (contact) me ChrisK if you are interested

So far, we've narrowed the available Lacy pics down to about 60 for consideration. We have some great ones!

Also, if you have a specific picture (from your own stash) that you'd like us to consider that captures the GBCA racing spirit and meets 'calendar criteria' (aka. landscape format works best, boats and crew in racing action, cool sunsets, etc.)
Let me know.  Of course, $150 will certainly help...heh-heh.

We're running a tight deadline on this. Next Thursday, 12/9 we want to put the print order in.  
That way, we can get the calendars mailed to the membership sometime before year-end and have them hanging proudly by New Years.

What better way to re-live one of those awesome racing moments and remind yourself it's time to go racing?
Who is game?
Past Commodore, 2010

Eric713

8x11 wall calendar.  That's more like wallet size. C'mon guys.....

ChrisA

No good deed goes unpunished. Ed, why don't you be a sponsor?

DollFin

Seriously considering buying an ad for my massage therapy business!

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

Charles

Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Bee

You dirty old man.  Your almost as bad as me!

Sailchick

GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Bee

MaryM

I would believe that 8.5 X 11 refers to the picture size, not the whole size of the calender.  If that's wallet size your man-purse is bigger than the bag I carry.

Christopher

Mahalo nui loa

Charles

Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

ChrisK

So far some good response for less than 24 hours...!
9 months left...
Past Commodore, 2010

ChrisK

Update: 3 2 months left!
Past Commodore, 2010

ChrisK

The calendars are IN
All I can say is WOW!  :o

Members: Now is a good time to check your mailing address on the new website  
Click
Then click the "Edit profile" box

We'll be mailing these out very soon to the GBCA membership, just in time for 2011!  
If you're not a GBCA member, you're obviously missing out! Click here

A HUGE thanks to Andrew Lee
Please take a moment and click Andrew's SOAK IIc link.
Andrew spent hours on this project and it would have not been completed without him

Also, many thanks to John Lacy, Gary Trinklein, Micheal Byrne, Alan Bates and Sheila Dromgoole who captured some incredible moments. They also took the time to dig deep through their digital archives (to get full-res) and allowed us to use their photos that feature local boats on Galveston Bay.

Additional thanks to the sponsors of the wall calendar (click away!):  
SOAK IIc
Jonathan Lee at HSH Yacht Sales
UK Halsey Sails
Quantum Sail Design
North Sails
Sea Lake Yacht Sales
Mauri Pro Sailing/Viper 640
Hayes Rigging
B Sailing
Panorama Technologies
Gary Trinklein Photography
John and Scott Lacy, m/v Tramp
Gerhard Wittich, s/v Figaro
Bee Bednar, s/v Stinger
Jeff Kitterman, s/v Tres Hombres

On behalf of the GBCA board, we hope you enjoy the 2011 GBCA Wall Calendar!
Look for it soon in a mailbox near you.
Past Commodore, 2010

JASpithill

Compliments to all.  Another addition to the already great value of the GBCA Membership.