Double Bayou and Anauac channel markers being abandoned

Started by JayZ, December 09, 2010, 10:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayZ

just recieved the below info form the harbor master at LYC:

Of concern to all boaters:

Channel markers to DOUBLE BAYOU and ANAHUAC  in Trinity Bay, as well as the NASA Channel  in Clear Lake, may be discontinued  (i.e. eliminated). The Coast Guard is accepting comments on this proposal until December 28th, 2010.  .

E-mails with your comments can be sent directly to:
Lt. Heather Stratton   Heather.E.Stratton@uscg.mil
CWO Joseph Temple   Joseph.M.Temple@uscg.mil

Snail-mail may be sent to:
Commander (dpw)
Eighth Coast Guard District
Hale Boggs Federal Building
500 Poydras St.

Jay Zittrer
s/v BANJO GIRL

Charles

Quote from: JayZ on December 09, 2010, 10:20:42 PM

Channel markers to DOUBLE BAYOU and ANAHUAC  in Trinity Bay, as well as the NASA Channel  in Clear Lake, may be discontinued 

What is considered the NASA Channel?
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Jim Powers

Quote from: Charles on December 10, 2010, 01:01:41 PM

Channel markers to DOUBLE BAYOU and ANAHUAC  in Trinity Bay, as well as the NASA Channel  in Clear Lake, may be discontinued 

Its a branch off of the Clear Lake Channel at G "23 which gives access to the Hilton.

Danny

Quest

Quote from: Jim Powers on December 10, 2010, 03:23:08 PM
Quote from: Charles on December 10, 2010, 01:01:41 PM

Its a branch off of the Clear Lake Channel at G "23 which gives access to the Hilton.

If you look down Space Center while sitting at the Nasa light very carefully, you'll notice the NASA channel lines up with the road.  There's a dock for a barge at the end of the street (the tie up pilings are still there).  It was built to bring the Saturn V rocket to the park back in the late 60s early 70s.  My Dad was working for TRW when they built it and has pictures of them bringing the rocket stages ashore.

I submitted some comments about Double Bayou.

ChrisK

Being a bit of space nerd, those would be cool pics to see.
Can you upload a couple of them?
Pictures of the Saturn V passing under the old Kemah drawbridge would be pretty cool...

Off topic, I also wonder if a retired shuttle, tanks and all, will come to Houston?....
Past Commodore, 2010

tsampsel

We are on the short list.  But the competition is heated...