Roy Crawford

Started by Sailchick, December 17, 2010, 05:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailchick

From HYC

Longtime Houston Yacht Club Member Roy Crawford has passed away.  Visitation will be Sunday, Dec. 19 from 4 to 5:30 p.m. immediately preceding the funeral service at 5:30 p.m. at Crowder Funeral Home, which is located at 111 Medical Center Blvd. in Webster.
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

ChrisK

They broke the mold with Roy.  He kept his J80 Great Escape and prior to that, the J105 on the same dock...onshore he was best friends with seemingly everybody and quick to begin conversation.  The last time I ran into him, he was pumping rain water out of his Ensign. We discussed how he had lost his house and a couple of boats in Ike.  Roy had a positive attitude despite it all.  He was quite the character both on and off the water.  
Fair seas Roy!  
Past Commodore, 2010

BoomerangJ

I was fortunate to meet Roy and acquired the J/80 "The Great Escape" from him this spring.  I quite liked him and was looking forward to having a drink or two with him at HYC.  I did stop by the funeral home and met Janice this evening.  Great lady, and holding up very well and taking this very sudden turn of events in stride. 

Happy Sailing Roy!

STuma

I have know Roy for many years, raced against him, but never with him.  We had many discussions about race scenerios and what needs to be done around the Bay to encourage sailing. 

He will be missed.  Our prayers are with his family and friends on this loss.

cheers...
Scott Tuma
cheers...
Scott