New to the area. Need a boat, and a little instruction.

Started by Jackson, January 10, 2011, 12:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackson

Hello all.  I recently moved to Galveston and would love to find a boat to crew on through the winter, spring, and start of the summer.  I grew up sailing a laser and an old Hobie Cat on Lake Travis, as well as crewing recreationally on a Mustang 22.  I know the basics of sailing, but would not consider myself an "experienced" sailor.  I would love to race, just cruise, or both if possible, and learn how to sail properly along the way.  I am 28, athletic, and a quick learner.  Please let me know if you are interested or know of someone else who might be.   I can be contacted at 512-516-9180 or jaymjackson@gmail.com.  Thanks.

ChrisK

You found the right place!  If you don't get a ride this week, at the very least, swing by the GBCA Clubhouse at Watergate Saturday (1/15) about 3.  Make a few contacts, have a drink or two. We're pretty easy going.

Skippers? We have some crew for you!
Past Commodore, 2010

edthemainsailguy

Jackson...you won't find a nicer crowd than the folks at a GBCA party....best place to race and best place to unwind post-race...

Jackson

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone.  I was surprised at the response.  I have been out the last two weekends and had a great time.  I look forward to meeting everyone and continuing to be out on the water.  Thanks.

Jay

ChrisK

Lucky for you Jay, you're in Galveston.

Clear Lake has a nice Wednesday Night Racing scene starting in April.
http://www.clearlakeracing.org/

It will really get your skill level up, and a great mid-week break.
We race nearly half the year!

Getting a full crew can be tough on a weekdays, if you're available, it provides alot of opportunites.
Past Commodore, 2010

B Sailing/Alan Bates

How is your spring/summer shaping up?  Got sailing?
Alan Bates/B Sailing-281-212-7348
Learn to sail and race J/Boats in annual membership sailing club. Unlimited sailing on "your' own boat.

Bee