2011 HYC Mid-Winter Regatta: Feb 19 and 20

Started by GordieK, January 10, 2011, 05:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordieK

Registration in now up on http://www.regattanetwork.com/html/calendar.html for this years HYC Mid-Winter Regatta.  

NOR available at http://www.houstonyachtclub.com/raceregatta.html

Dates....FEB 19/20....skippers meeting FEB 18, 7pm.....

Along with the One Design/PHRF course, we will do a distance course which had great reviews at the Turkey Day Regatta.

Entry fees....$80  ($65, single handed boats)....includes 2 Saturday night Fish Fry tickets (1 for single hand) and long sleeve Regatta T shirt.

Instead of spending the weekend on the couch, come on out!

Hope to see you there....regards, Gordie

Brad

I think there will be a Viper OD class, but at this time there is no way to register for it.  Can HYC add this as am option so we can promote the class?

ChrisK

Way off topic but do the Vipers have a Galveston Bay Fleet number yet?
With the number of boats coming, should be close to forming their own fleet
Who will be the lead contact?
Past Commodore, 2010

Jonsey

Not yet Chris.. we're not that organized ;-)

But on that topic, another Houston sailor just put a deposit down on one of the two remaining boat's in the container set to delivery this winter.   Great guy...  hasen't been very active down there, lot's of sailing on the road (melges etc).. but now that the viper has established roots in GB he's all in!   

To keep up the count, that makes 5 class legal boat's on Galveston Bay.  All owned by VERY active sailors.  Looks like one of my boat's will live down there for most of the summer.    After years of talk...  the first arrived in October, the second this past weekend and three more in March. 

(did i mention there was still one boat in that container un-spoken for?)   

Big news on the horizon...  also, Mauri Pro Sailing is sponsoring an event down in Corpus this July.   Lot's of give-aways etc.   2011 is going to be a fantastic year!

Currently, 17 vipers registered for Mardi Gras Race Week, New Orleans in March. 

GordieK

I have added a Viper 640 class....Gordie

Big John

Any chance of putting together a Viper one design class for Wednesday nights? On the lake? On the Bay?   Think on it!!!!!
J

Brad

I think the two of us already in town are planning on trying Wednesday nights.  The other 3 new boats arrive in late March.  Jeff may bring his older boat down from Austin for the summer.  That could make a class.  The Houston Viper owners are hoping to meet this weekend so I should know more about everyone's racing plans soon.

ChrisK

Past Commodore, 2010

Jeff K

Who wasn't on the vang?

Sailchick

GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Jonsey

Kitterman, you rebel.  I'm not sure that moustache is class legal for the viper.

Oh, not to.steal your thunder but add yet another after you.    Another houstonian pulled.the trigger on a new boat last night.

So thats what.....  8 or 9 Vipers in the area between last Oct and now?

MaryM

MaryM