Spring Regatta!!!

Started by Hamburger, March 18, 2011, 02:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonsey

Be nice, or I'll have Terry revoke your Internet privileges again ;-)

Quote from: BoomerangJ on March 24, 2011, 05:06:27 PM
Quote from: Jonsey on March 24, 2011, 03:10:19 PM
You dont want to make that challenge at a GBCA regatta Mr. J-boat.   I promise, your not up to the challenge.   

Ok Junior-go run along and play with your dinghy now.

Brad

I do not think Elissa or the Spring Regatta will see many Vipers.  I suggest we look at the Women's Regatta to see who can party and what is the hot fleet.  Animal will be there as will Catapult (another ssort of animal if you see her spinnaker).  I am sure we will see at least 4 or 5 Vipers on the line.  Let's throw down the challenge for this one!

And Jeff - Carrie should get ready to "follow the cow".

Go GBCA!

Brad
Catapult #134

Jonsey

Well brad, already got a message from one very excited Jody this morning.  Let the games begin.... Just wear your life jacket (kidding, sorta Jody)

Jeff K

Awww Viper smack, me likey alotie...   :-*
Who wasn't on the vang?

Jonsey

I hear that your viper has already been claimed by an outstanding female sailor from the GBCA for that event. 

Quote from: Jeff K on March 25, 2011, 09:12:20 AM
Awww Viper smack, me likey alotie...   :-*

Gladden

Where are the sailing instructions that were due to be posted 7pm last night? ??? ???

Leigh Ann

Sorry - my bad. They are posted now.

Leigh Ann

ChrisK

Past Commodore, 2010

Bee

Was originally a bit upset about the one-day nature of this regatta, but have to admit it worked out really well  Not sure I like doing 5 races in one day, but except for the fact that Stinger had ONLY TWO BEERS left when she reached the dock we all had a great time.  As usual, the party was great.

Thanks to all the GBCA volunteers who made this such a great event.

DollFin

LOL at Bee - I was actually thinking the other day (yeah, I know, I've been warned about doing that!) that we need a "Beer Handicapping System" where every boat has to start the race with a predetermined "beer to crew-member ratio" and any leftover beer would result in a "one second per mile per beer" penalty.

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

Bee

The issue for us is not having any beer.  If we ever finished the last race with no beer (Hmmmmmmmmmm Beer) my crew would mutiny.  This was just absolutely too close for comfort.

But I do like the beer-handicapping idea.