2011 GBCA Basic Sailboat Racing Seminar- Boats, Skippers and Crew Needed

Started by Jim Powers, June 14, 2011, 11:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Powers

GBCA's Basic Sailboat Racing Seminar is this Saturday, June 18th at the clubhouse from 11:30 until about 3pm, and continuing on the water for Rum Race # 2. Some of the participants need a boat to hitch a ride on as crew, and some of the participants need crew, including skippers/tacticians/coaches, for help in getting their boats around the course. If you can help in either capacity, let me know. You can reply here, pm me on this site, or email me at jpowers(at)powersfrost(dot).com. So that boats won't have to displace regular crew to accept seminar participants, seminar participants are invisible and weightless for crew number/weight purposes for this race only. Thanks

Xavier

I'm racing on French Connection and we may be able to take someone, I'll talk to John.

Sailchick

GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Jim Powers

Thanks to the skippers who have already volunteered to help, but we can use more boats to help get the participants out to race. You may find a future Crew of he Year! let me know if you have room. Thanks.

gwittich

Jim, Figaro can take one crew along.
Skipper: Frank Francis
LYC, N-pier, slip 19
Boat time 3:30
GW
Gerhard Wittich/sv Figaro

gwittich

Gerhard Wittich/sv Figaro

Jim Powers

Skippers,
Thanks again to everyone who is taking a seminar attendeee out today. There are a few people who still need a spot. If you are looking for last minute replacements, or have room for an invisible, weightless crew, give me a call or text 713-882-8021, or email me jpowers(at)powersfrost(dot)com.
Jim