2011 BBVA Compass Performance Cup Regatta

Started by Leigh Ann, August 27, 2011, 12:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailchick

Slips will be available at Watergate YC for the weekend!

Anyone is welcome. (even if you already keep your boat in Kemah, or SSY, etc.)

The slips will be on Pier 4 which is with in stumbling distance of the event tent. They are 30 or 40 foot slips, 6' deep, power and water included. You'll be given a key for the weekend to have access to showers and restrooms.

If you're interested, please contact me to reserve your slip today!!
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Sailchick

‎10 boats signed up! Thanks everyone for the early registration! Keep 'em coming! It's going to be a fantastic weekend in October! Look for T-shirt designs to be revealed this week. We'll place the order on Friday so if you need any special sizes, send me a note!!

Jonsey

Lake's all across the state are empty..  call everyone you know at AYC, Canyon etc..  tell them to get their boat's down to the bay this weeken for they HYC OD regatta - leave them in Houston and then come back for the Jody's shindig. 

82 boat's signed up for the HYC event this weekend.   No reason there should be at least that many for the Compass Bank, maybe a lot more based on the fact that it's open to PHRF fleets.   

Get the word out!   Call your friends and invite them down!  I'd love to start seeing 100 boat regatta's again on the bay.

Sailchick

Yes -- do what Jonsey says!!!

HYC and Watergate have volunteered space for trailered boats.  Contact me if you want to come down and race this weekend and then leave your boat here for the Bank Regatta.

Sailchick

Check out the Special Release from the Texas Viper fleet!  This is for ALL Texas Sailors!!  All you need to know about the HYC One-Design Regatta and the BBVA Compass PC Regatta!!!

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=breopybab&v=001X6jYJeFlGfIlwI-A92bskPzZs7pQNKJQ8J7JsXDGaMeoVr4LKZn-zku7cZY7n5hyek1EkQtZb6jqkhR2xgIGU3VxPQA4kLzCrBpscJclUik%3D

Sailchick

Shirts will be $20.  They are Badger dry shirts - short sleeved high performance t-shirts.  If you want to make sure you have a specific size, please email me your order.  I'll be placing the final on Friday.  I will be ordering some women's shirts but only large and medium in very small numbers.  Let me know!  jody0221 at yahoo dot com

Sailchick

Oh, how I love all of you that wait until the last minute to sign up....

Here is the bottom line.  It is expensive to run 2 lines at a regatta but we want to do it so that the racing is excellent and we can get as many races in as possible to take advantage of the gorgeous weather.  Tonight is our board meeting and as the regatta chair, I have a feeling I will be asked if we can justify 2 lines with only 18 boats signed up.  I don't think I can at this point.  In the past 4 years that I've been involved with the Bank Regatta, we have never had less than 26 boats sign up so I know you're out there.....lurking.....waiting to sign up after we've ordered the food and t-shirts and trophies.....

Please sign up if you plan on racing and if for some reason, you can't sign up today but intend to - can you send me an email that states that?  jody0221 at yahoo dot com

Sailchick

Sailchick

Raffle on Saturday night with prizes donated by SOAK, Classic Cafe, Blackburn Marine, UK, Quantum, Marine Sanitation and more!!!

Sailchick

Just a reminder that slips are available for the weekend at Watergate Marina!!  They will be on Pier 4, within stumbling distance of the tent.  Water and power and restroom facilities included!!

Charles

Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Bee

And 7, count 'em, 7 J105's.  Vippppers are the only class with more boats.

Sailchick

7 105's is AMAZING!!  Soo Cool!

37 boats all together this morning!!  Let's get to 45!  Where are the J80's???  And more 22's???

Weather looks fabulous for the weekend -- highs in the low 80's and at night, upper 50's.

You might need to bring a jacket to the party!!  LOVE the sound of that!!

Sailchick

Sailflow is showing great conditions for racing tomorrow!!  Temperatures will be good and breeze will be 10 - 15 from the E, NE.

Skipper's meeting is tonight at 7 PM in the tent.  Check in starts at 6.

You'll receive 2 tent passes (and dinner tickets - they are one in the same) with your skipper's packet.  Additional passes are $20.  We'll be selling those tonight along with T-shirts and raffle tickets tonight and tomorrow night.

Remember  -- cash or check only!!!

ChrisK

Raffle tickets are only $1 per. George Washingtons, Susan B Anthonys or Sacagaweas accepted!
Past Commodore, 2010