2011 BBVA Compass Performance Cup Regatta

Started by Leigh Ann, August 27, 2011, 12:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh Ann

The Notice of Registration is posted at

https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_club_events.php?CLUB_ID=162

Our regatta chair person and PROs will appreciate if you enter early, rather than later, it gives us much more time to plan.

Thank You in Advance!!!!

Sailchick

I don't doubt the Viper class will make all of the other classes look bad.  They have a reputation for signing up early and in mass.  J22's, J80's, J105's, CRUISING CLASS?  Anyone want to prove me wrong?
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Bee

Us old J105 people are just too slow to keep up with you hot-rodders. 

Sailchick

Bee

I always sign up early.  I'm the oldest, dumbest, and the most old fashioned (did I say old?) so there.

Bee

BTW, just to put a bit of pressure on the rest of Fleet 17, I suspect we will have at least 5 boats on the line:

Stinger, Babe, Solaris, Infinity, and Radiance.

With a bit of luck we might entice both Zippity, and Marian V out.  That would give us 7 and be a real hoot.  Would feel like the old days.

Charles

Quote from: Bee on August 29, 2011, 07:38:07 AM
BTW, just to put a bit of pressure on the rest of Fleet 17, I suspect we will have at least 5 boats on the line:

Stinger, Babe, Solaris, Infinity, and Radiance.

With a bit of luck we might entice both Zippity, and Marian V out.  That would give us 7 and be a real hoot.  Would feel like the old days.

You said "Old" again!  I resemble that remark!
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Bee

Jonsey

Good for you Bee.   Anyone with a J105 on GB owes you a debt of gratitude for helping them maintain their boat value - by keeping that OD fleet alive and well.

What's with everyone waiting until the last few days' to register for these events.  If you know you're going to make it, sign up!  I cant imagine how difficult putting something like together is - planning for meals, booze etc. 

You see so many viper folks sign up early because well, once you've been bitten it's hard not to sit at your desk thinking about sailing. ;-)

Wish i was going to be in town for this event, sounds like it's going to be a hoot.

edthemainsailguy

Bee, Seven 105's on the line would be just great! it's been too long since that's happened!

Bee

Yeah, Ed. I would be ecstatic!  I keep pushing.  Maybe it will happen one day.  The Bay Cup II with four was super.

Charles

Wow! Two snakes and an insect signed up so far!
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Sailchick

Check out the new poster for the 27th Annual BBVA Compass Performance Cup Regatta!!  AND special thanks to KO Sailing for their sponsorship!!

Jim Powers

Sailchick

Volunteers Needed!!!

If you are interested in doing race committee for the Bank Regatta -- we need volunteers for both days.  We'll be running a PHRF line and a One Design line so if you don't plan on racing, please let me know if you'd be available to help with the regatta.

ALSO -- we need a few more motorboats to help run the races.  If you have a motorboat that would work as a markset boat and you are willing to let GBCA borrow it for the weekend, please contact me.  It will be taken care of and returned to you fully fueled and cleaned.

jody0221 at yahoo dot com