2013 GBCA Icicle Series

Started by ChrisK, December 05, 2012, 10:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

T-1 month for the 2013 GBCA Icicle Series (January 5)....!
Past Commodore, 2010

Bee

Don't forget the revognaH on Jan 1.  Would like to have more  "South Texas" boats then just me show
up up "North"  I promise to have the music blaring the entire day.

Christopher

Sailing Instructions are available at: Linky

Club Handicap Class Registration at: Linky

Club Handicap Class Participants at: Linky

Scheduled race dates for the 2013 Icicle Series:
January 5, Standard Course
January 12, Reverse Course
January 19, Standard Course
January 26, Reverse Course
February 2, Standard Course

Series Results: Linky

Make sure you have your boats PHRF rating certificate updated at: Linky so that you will be ready for the 2013 racking season.
Mahalo nui loa

Sailchick

GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Christopher

Quote from: Sailchick on December 07, 2012, 02:25:16 PM
Is racking like fracking?

DOHH!!!
:-[
Dang late night . . .

No, like racking, stacking and packing.

:P
Mahalo nui loa

ChrisK

Great idea adding that last page of the SI's... That should help RC alot, although I do enjoy seeing the creative ways folks record their results
For example: bilge soaked paper, a piece of cardboard beer box, brim of a hat, scraps of spinnaker.... ;D
Past Commodore, 2010

Bee

I prefer beer soaked paper.  Better then those you listed Chris.  Provides the proper aroma for the following
party.  If one can simultaneous spill beer all over oneself and show up soaked as well, well that's even better.

ChrisA

What a waste of beer. Shame on you Bee.

Bee

Just a sloppy old beer swilling phart.

shawn

Hello happy holidays

Does anyone know of a temperary deep slip that we can use for the icycle series in case there is a norther again.  Firewater has spent some time in the mud.  I know that HYC races we could get a slip there before the race.  Did not know if anything was available through GBCA, Watergate, Seabrook, or Kemah marinas.

Shawn
Shawn
Semi True Story

ChrisK

Past Commodore, 2010

shawn

Specs say 7' 6"

at Legend point next to Katana
Shawn
Semi True Story

shawn

Walter says 6'2" by boat documentation

at 6" on the depth sounder we start touching the mud.
Shawn
Semi True Story

Bee

Deepest marina here is Kemah Boardwalk.  Stinger's draft is 6.5' and the only time we ever touched bottom was after Ike when the Bay was down a couple of feet.  Even then what we hit was left over from Ike. Cliff Haddox kept Musica there and her draft was 8.5' I think. He still had a problem getting out of the Kemah channel.

Kemah Boardwalk does allow non-resident boats in --- 281-334-2284 --- but they are expensive.  I moved Stinger there once during one of the 'canes that did not do much damage and what I remember was something like $30/night.  Might be better to get a slip for a month ~$325 and then leave after the Icicles.  If you try to do this, don't sign a contract.

I don't know of any marina that will let you in for free.  Mostly and insurance issue I think.

shawn

Thanks Bee

It doesent hurt to ask around, nothing ventured nothing gained, and i didn't get slapped.  ;D

Anyhow that is what we might do move on friday and use a slip for getting out in the am.  Unless we get a norther that lasts a week the day rate is cheaper.
Thanks again
Shawn
Firewater
Shawn
Semi True Story