GBCA Single Handed/Mixed Doubles Regatta

Started by Jim Powers, July 29, 2009, 10:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BJSailor

Two 60lb children on the weather rail equals one girlfriend / wife or 1/2 boyfriend / husband in the doublehand race. 

The NOR and SIs are pretty clear.  Singlehanded / doublehanded - seems pretty clear.

Take the children for a nice sail after the race or this/next weekend.
There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

Jim Powers

Quote from: Eric713 on August 03, 2009, 05:17:49 PM
Hi Guys.  I understand there is a trophy presentation on Sunday after the mixed race.  Is there a party Sat. nite after the race?

There is ALWAYS a party after a GBCA race. As of now, Beverly, Charles, Chris, Duane, Richard and Terri and their crew will join  the RC on Tramp  after the races and have a great time.There will be booze and food and party favors. Private Party.
If more people sign up, we may have to move the party to the clubhouse and open it up. There will be more booze. And popcorn. Maybe some food. Definitely more booze.

Evan

Terri has been nice enough to allow me to skipper Cluster on saturday...any other 80s want to come play?

simsup

The owners of "Club Tropicale" plan on being out there some fun. Probably both days.

beverly

Shaken not Stirred will be out on Saturday as well, practicing our yelling and screaming in preparation for the Divorce Cup on Sunday. 

Don't be afraid of spilling your drinks - come on with your registrations fellow cruisers!  Let's put the C back in gbCa!!!

Jonsey

Is anyone going to register for the spin fleet?  We're going to come down for both days, at least that's our current plan

STuma

I am staying non-spin... the spinnaker will get in the way of the umbrella..

does anyone know of spectator boats going out on Saturday?
cheers...
Scott

Jim Powers

Quote from: STuma on August 06, 2009, 03:59:22 PM
I am staying non-spin... the spinnaker will get in the way of the umbrella..

does anyone know of spectator boats going out on Saturday?

M/V Tramp will be out both days with the best seats on the Bay for watching starts and finishes. Price of admission is to help with flags, scoring, checking boats in, etc. Respond to me if you are interested.

RumSponge

Quote from: Evan on August 06, 2009, 09:26:52 AM
Terri has been nice enough to allow me to skipper Cluster on saturday...any other 80s want to come play?

Not really.  I'm tainted from almost getting heat stroke last year.

STuma

ok... lost the umbrella, so I changed over to spinnaker... I know Casey has changed also... practiced last night and think have everything secured...

are wind vanes legal?

cheers...
Scott
cheers...
Scott

Jonsey

Quick question - right now i'm the only boat registered for the double-handed PHRF spinnaker fleet.  Will the J80's and J22's stay broken out if they only have a couple of boats or will they be put in the PHRF spin?  I'm worried i'll be the only boat in that fleet..

TKS

gwittich

Are autopilots allowed for the Saturday race?
Gerhard Wittich/sv Figaro

Kevin Box

No.  No SOS-TEX for this one.  Straight-up RRS.

Jim Powers

Quote from: Jonsey on August 12, 2009, 07:57:40 AM
Quick question - right now i'm the only boat registered for the double-handed PHRF spinnaker fleet.  Will the J80's and J22's stay broken out if they only have a couple of boats or will they be put in the PHRF spin?  I'm worried i'll be the only boat in that fleet..

TKS

Jeff (and anyone else who has the question),
I will put three or more one designs in a class. Any two or less will race in the spin fleet and there may be divisions within the spin fleet depending on the number of entries and rating bands, and the spin fleet may include one design classes as divisions.
Speaking of ratings, current PHRF-GB certificates are required to race PHRF, and must be uploaded on RN before the Skipper's meeting, or delivered to the the RC at the meeting. Jeff, this is not directed specifically at you. There are several boats lacking certificates. I will send an email to skippers shortly.

Jonsey

Jim,

I appreciate the response.  My application is in and i'm being reviewed at Thursday's meeting.  I hope that I have everything in good order and that I receive my certificate Thursday night / Friday morning.

Again, thanks for the response.