2011 HYC Turkey Day

Started by Bee, November 02, 2011, 10:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bee

I just registered for the HYC Turkey Day Regatta and tried to pay.  Imagine my surprise when I received

$15 discount for single handed
$105 late fee
$5 discount for US Sailing Membership

NOR says one can register at $80 without late fee until November 16.  I have no intention of racing single handed.

What's up with this?

Jonsey

Pretty hefty late fee.

R.N. always mucks up the HYC registration costs - should be fixed soon.   

Hope for the same weather we had last year.

hayesrigging

I thought Turkey Day was a one day event the last few years??  Considering bringing Psyched out but was hoping for a one day event!!  At least that is the Texans bye week!!!!!!

Charles

Tried to go to HYC's web site to check the NOR.  It says "domain not valid".!?  Guess they went out of business,  :)
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

BJSailor

You can still register on Regatta Network.  Srcoll down to the event...

http://www.regattanetwork.com/html/calendar.html
There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

Bee

Gordie fixed the fee business.  Works fine now, but you still cannot get to the domain name.  Do the regatta network thing above and sign up.  Looks like they need the help.

sailfastliveslow

The $105 registration fee looked kinda stiff since the NOR didn't mention a meal, T or whatever.  These affairs are turning into $500 events, minimum for us outta towners, even with free accommodations and a three person crew.  Not bitching (much), but RCs and Club gotta seriously considering keeping the price down giving the Obama Stimulus has long since worn off.

Can someone check Jonesey's keel and make sure there's lead there?

ChrisK

RN is clunky on the front end.  The front page needs a redo and a big button to send you to the calendar.
It's too difficult to find events if it's your first time visiting RN.

Try this link for Turkey registration:

https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_registration_form.php?regatta_id=4661
Past Commodore, 2010

Leigh Ann

On the NOR the registration fee is $80 with a $15 discount if you are sailing single-handed and a $5.00 discount if you are a member of US Sailing.

bshores

$80 is still steep if dinner/drinks/shirts aren't included.  This is a relatively causal weekend regatta, and probably the last on the bay for this year.  Definitely discourages any out of towners from attending.  Let's try to end the year on a positive note and get a decent turnout.

Charles

HYC's web site is back up.
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

hayesrigging

$80 is a very cheap entry fee!!!!  Look around the country, we have it very good here on GB with our cheap entries and very easy logistics to have a regatta.  I just wish it were one day with four races and be done!!

Bee

I agree totally with your assessment of costs.  KW this year is $850 for my little 105 and goes up to $1050 for the big boys.  I would not have had problems paying the $105 and I don't think anyone else should either.  It costs to put one of these things on and we should be appreciative that we have it as cheap as it is.  We should all sign up early as well.

I don't agree about the one-day affair.  J-Fest would have been a real disappointment for most of us had it only been one day.  Its not unusual to have totally different weather on each day with one day being a wash out for some reason.  Better to have two shots. Then again, I very rarely watch phartball.

Sailchick

$80 is a very affordable regatta fee....however, and I went to look at the NOR before posting this and there is some kind of problem with the link or there is no NOR....if it's true that there is no food, drink, event, anything.....then you better hope your first place bird is a 22lb Williams Sonoma Organic Turkey or equivalent.
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Bee

NOR is here:

http://www.houstonyachtclub.com/documents/NOR_2011_Turkey_Day.pdf

When you click on the Race and Regatta Link the NOR is on that page.

Not much in it though.  My guess is that the only thing worth getting is a bird, and yeah, that's an expensive bird.