Commodore's Ball

Started by Kathlyn, December 02, 2009, 09:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kathlyn

It's not too late to sign up for the Commodore's Ball.  February 27th 6 PM -- 11 PM!

MaryM

Bump - OK folks, getting ready to do the shopping for the libations and need a head count! This is even more important to those coordinating the catering.  If you plan on attending and have not already done so, please sign up using regatta network so we can get an accurate head count!  A big thanks to those of you that have already signed up!!! :)

DuaneB

Hey folks, remember, just because you said you are attending the Commodores Ball on Facebook does NOT mean you are signed up and paid!  You have to follow the link to Regatta Network to sign up!!! Sign up soon so we get a head count!
Duane Bez

Kathlyn

COMMODORE'S BALL

February 27th (This Saturday)

6PM--11PM

Happy Hour, Dinner, Awards (2009 Rum Race, 2010 Icicle Series, 2009 Perpetuals), Novelty Awards, Introduction of new officers and board, Quilt Raffle, Dancing (or just listening to great music by Robert Frith), Open Bar (not just rum and beer)!

Don't miss it!

KathyR

I want to first thank everyone from the Frostbite Regatta who purchased tickets for the Roger Stone Perpetual Trophy Quilt Raffle Fundraiser.   ;D

Just as a reminder, the quilt will be raffled at the Commodore's Ball during the program phase of the event.  We still need to raise some more funds, so please come by my raffle table and purchase your raffle tickets.  They are $20/each or six for $100.  Remember, we only take CASH or CHECKS, so no credit cards please.  Everything else is free that night, so why not buy a raffle ticket, or two, or three, or heck why not SIX!

We will make announcements during the event to make sure you don't miss the opportunity to buy your ticket before the quilt is raffled to the lucky winner.  Remember, this is for a good cause and you have the chance to win a GBCA one of kind hand-made quilt, a TLC Original.  It even has a pocket!  You'll have to come by the raffle table and check it out!

I look forward to seeing everyone at the Commodore's Ball and best wishes to the lucky winner of this quilt!

ChrisK

Nearly ready for the COmmodres's Ball after a stop at Hill's
THIS is how we roll!
Past Commodore, 2010

Christopher

Quote from: ChrisK on February 26, 2010, 10:44:17 AM
THIS is how we roll!

Only 10 cases??  Oh, I'm sorry, you did say 'nearly ready'; this was just the first trip.  Right!?!  ;D
Mahalo nui loa

ChrisA

Chris, that's just the pup. The rest of the stuff is in the BIG truck.

Bee

Ok, you have the old man worried.  Since he has trouble with all that hard stuff will there be something besides rum?

ChrisK

Yes. We will have variety of beer rum and various spirits, this is just the first rum....oops typo.. I  meant run. First run.
Past Commodore, 2010

rebelwi@suddenlink.net

It sounds like you guys have perfected an art we old timers started.  Have fun!

Howard Williams

jayhefty

Quote from: ChrisK on February 26, 2010, 10:44:17 AM
THIS is how we roll!

:o looks like weez gots to run interfence on da revanooers

jayhefty

oops the east texas slipped out :P

Kathlyn

Howard,

We are happy to carry on your traditions.  Enjoy the flag and thank you for the kind words, they will be shared at the ball.  Wish we would be seeing you there.

Kathlyn

sailorjohnny

It's always good to see Howard's name in the discussion page. I wonder if we will see him tonight.