Commodore's Ball

Started by Kathlyn, December 02, 2009, 09:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyR

;D ;D ;D  Yes, I'm smiling!  I think it is so awesome when GBCA members pull together as a family to show support of others in our sailing community.  It is going to feel wonderful to report at the next Regata de Amigos Race Committee meeting that GBCA members came together to raise $2,240.00 towards the creation and design of the Roger W. Stone Memorial Perpetual Trophy!  We did it gang!!  The Quilt Raffle was a success and many thanks go out to all of you who took the chance in winning the great GBCA Logo Picture Quilt.  The WINNER was, of course, our own GBCA Treasurer, Chris Alk.  He now has his own GBCA snuggle blanky!  :D  Of course I hear that it may end up as a hanging tapestry in his home.

Again, I want to thank everyone for helping in this fundraiser by buying raffle tickets, and I also want to thank my niece, Tammy L. Camaret (TLC Original) for taking the time to design and make the quilt for this purpose.

KUDO's TO GBCA!!

ChrisK

If you missed the ball last week, you missed a darn good time!

Announced at the ball:
2009 GBCA Crewman of the Year: Casey Lambert
2009 GBCA Sportsman of the Year: Jim Powers  
2009 GBCA Yachtsman of the Year: Al Goethe
As voted by their fellow peers. A huge honor.

SO MANY PEOPLE TO THANK!
A special thanks to Kathyln Bez and her setup team for putting it all together.
The Communty Center transformed into something remarkable. I believe Kathyln did the hundreds of pictures, the GBCA picture collage, the creative table settings, among a thousand other things too numerous to mention. Simply amazing.
Also a thanks to all those that stuck around after 11pm to help clean-up and pack all the silver.
We made it to the Classic to continue the party in record time.
Awesome volunteers at GBCA is what makes it all happen!

I hope everyone had a fun time.  
Best of all, we raised a good bit of money for the Roger Stone Perpetual (see prior post from KathyR). Awesome idea Kathy!  

Lastly, we have plenty of pictures and spirits left over for next weeks Conundrum....
;D
Past Commodore, 2010