Started by Kathlyn, December 02, 2009, 09:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kathlyn

Reminder to mark your 2010 calendars. 
GBCA Commodore's Ball
February 27,  2010

Kevin Box

Eric713

We've only been in GBCA for eight months.  Is it foolish to inquire where the Commodores Ball will be held?
I've never signed up for anything unless I knew what I was signing up for!

ChrisK

Bay Area Community Center
5002 NASA Road One
Seabrook, TX 77586
Past Commodore, 2010

Eric713

What time does the Commodores Ball start and is this a dinner thing or just trophy presentation.  Is it semi formal, black tie, etc. etc. Thanks!

Kathlyn

Glad you asked Eric.  The Commodore's Ball will be from 6:00PM--11:00PM.  The attire will be semi-formal.  Most men will be wearing suits, or slacks with suit jackets and ties.  Some will even wear tuxes.  Most women will be wearing dresses or pant suits.  We try to get everyone away from "racing attire".
The event will include happy hour, dinner, awards and dancing.  It's ALWAYS a good time!!!
Hope to see you there

Kathlyn

Bee

Darn Kathlyn.  I was going to show up in Lederhosen with my Tyrolean Hat, socks, suspenders, and a stein.  Now I'm not sure I should come.

Charles

Quote from: Bee on December 27, 2009, 05:28:00 PM
Darn Kathlyn.  I was going to show up in Lederhosen with my Tyrolean Hat, socks, suspenders, and a stein.  Now I'm not sure I should come.

You can be the floor show!
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Bee

OOPS, Just tried on the Lederhosen.  Something tends to flop over the top of the waist band.  I seem to remember that these things fit.  I'll have to reconsider.

Eric713

Thanks for the details Kathlyn.  We will probably register soon!

Kathlyn

Bee...for you we will make an exception.  This is a sight we may (or may not) want to see!   ;)

ChrisA

Oh, come on Kathlyn. Don't encourage him!

jayhefty

ChrisK

Keep your eye pealed, you should be getting invites in the mail very soon.
Of course, you don't have to be a member to be part of the fun February 27th.
Register here
Sign your whole crew up!
;)
Past Commodore, 2010

Kathlyn

A reminder once again.  February 27th is the Commodore's Ball.  You do not have to be a member to attend.  We have extended the deadline to February 12th for the $50.00 fee.  For those of you who may think this is a typical GBCA after race social gathering...it is not!  This is a semi-formal event with a catered meal, full bar (ok, basically a full bar) and live entertainment by Robert Frith.  We will also be handing out the awards for the 2009 Rum Race Series, 2010 Icicle Series and 2009 Perpetual Awards.  Please sign up early as it does help out with the head count for catering and bar.

Thanks,
Kathlyn