Elissa Regatta

Started by sailfastliveslow, February 22, 2010, 05:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

Press release/info on the Elissa. She's getting some new sails...
http://www.galvestonhistory.org/Elissa_Advisory.asp
Past Commodore, 2010

Kevin Box

I met with GYC this morning to get things set for TRW in July.  I can never resist driving down to the channel when there, so I drive to the end and there?s the Elissa out practicing.  Several folks were out there with long lenses who were talking about the trip up the HSC this Saturday.  One mom who?s son was crew for today and Saturday was just beaming. 

ChrisK

My coworkers grandson, 5 years old, also spotted the Elissa this past weekend. He tried his best to convince his 8 year old sister that it was a 'pirate ship' coming into port...
Past Commodore, 2010

Jonsey

Good Bee - now all we have to worry about is getting run over by a J120? 

Unfortunatly the other V has a conflict and wont be able to make it out.   Looks like it will just be El Animal buzzing around.

Weather looks great.

Bee

There will be at least 4 105's on the line.

ChrisK

More details about the Elissa, from Linda McKee:

Hi Chris,
...The Elissa will be sailing up the bay on Saturday, arriving around 12:30 to the racing area.  The Consuls Regatta this year is honoring the country of Mexico.
Two dinner tickets will be included in each skipper bag, dinner is scheduled around 6:00pm.
There will be a silent auction and live auction.  I plan to put the auction list in each skipper bag, we have many interesting things.  The regatta does not have a sponsor this year, thus we are depending on making money on the auction for the Elissa donation.  Anyone can come to the dinner ($15.) and auction.
If you need any other info, please call or email.
Again, many thanks.
Linda McKee
Elissa Regatta Chair
Lindamckee at aol dot com
Past Commodore, 2010

LizBiz

I find myself skipper-less and boat-less on Saturday.  I'd be happy to serve as Snacktician for a ride to look at the Elissa under sail. If a bribe is required,  I'll provide beer or rum (or maybe even both).

LizBiz

aka Shelton's Grinder

DollFin

I wonder how many of us will be stocking St. Arnold's "Elissa IPA" in our iceboxes this weekend. :)

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

Bee

There will be Guinness in Stinger's --- Along with a bucket load of other such elixirs, including some Sam Adams, St. Arnolds, and probably DosXX.

DollFin

Nice! If I ever need to jump ship from Big D, I know who I'm calling.  8)

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

ChrisK

Word is 14 J24s have signed up so far (as of 3/24)....
The Beasley is back!
Past Commodore, 2010

Jonsey

So it looks like the J120 has bailed on our fleet - leaving two vipers in PHRF Assym..   The other viper had a conflict and wont be able to make it - wonder where that leaves us? 

Keith

STuma

Quote from: Jonsey on March 25, 2010, 10:05:42 PM
So it looks like the J120 has bailed on our fleet - leaving two vipers in PHRF Assym..   The other viper had a conflict and wont be able to make it - wonder where that leaves us? 

eh, come over and play with the 80's.. we won't notice the difference...
cheers...
Scott

Jonsey

Thanks for the invite Tuma..  ;-) 

We enjoyed being out with the 80's..  kind of wish they would have run 3 or 4 shorter races instead of 2 really long ones but we had fun regardless.   

Sorry we couldn't join you on Sunday - we were in a borrowed boat that was heading to Charleston in two weeks and based on the wind projections didn't want to risk damage.   At one point on Sunday a boat got stalled @ the start, back-winded the jib and came within 6" of us. 

How did Sunday go?  Are the results posted somewhere? 

BIG thanks to Scott Spurlin (Jboats' SW) and the Zartler's for hosting the J111 event on Friday night.  Jeff J flew in and gave a quick presentation and the boat looks great!  Cant wait to see one out on the water.