Elissa Regatta

Started by sailfastliveslow, February 22, 2010, 05:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sailfastliveslow

Anyone know the format of the Elyssa Regatta this year?  PHRF?  One Design?  Host?  Not much info on HYC or GBCA.

ChrisK

Not sure of the details of the race but for certain the return of the J24 Beasley Cup (2010 J24 Texas Circuit stop) will be part of the festivites that weekend. I also heard they are going to bring back the international consulate (was it the Chronicle Cup?) again.  As for the Elissa making an appearance, I heard she may make a trip up the channel for a photo op/fundraiser but not tie up for an overnight in Bayport. 
I'm sure there are a few HYC members that frequent this page, a little more 'in the know' that can add more details as they unfold....
Past Commodore, 2010

Jonsey

You thinking B boat or Viper Phillip?

sailfastliveslow

Depends Jeff.  If its a Viper affair, we go that route.  If its a PHRF event, we do the B.  Depending on weather and number of crew we can hustle up.  Sounds like an interesting event, just damn little information about it at the moment.  It's been moving around the calendar past couple years and the theme changes.

GordieK

The NOR and Registration pages are now up at http://www.regattanetwork.com/ for the 2010 HYC 24th Annual Elissa and 2nd Annual Consuls' Regatta.  You can also go to http://www.houstonyachtclub.com/raceregatta.html for direct info. 

Here is the schedule.....
Friday, March 26, 2010
7:00 pm Competitor?s Briefing at HYC.
Consuls' Regatta Briefing.
Commemorative T shirts ($15.00) and Polo shirts ($35.00) are available.
These may be purchased on-line during your registration at www.regattanetwork.com.
Keg beer and munchies.

Saturday, March 27, 2010
10:30 am Warning Signal for race 1; up to 2 additional races to follow.
6:00 pm Dinner and Entertainment in the Clubhouse.
2 dinner tickets provided for 2 competitor plus boat entry fee.
1 dinner ticket provided for 1 competitor boat entry fee.
7:00 Silent and Live Action.

Sunday, March 28, 2010
10:30 am Warning Signal, with 2 races scheduled for the day.
4:30 pm Awards Presentation, in the ballroom

Jim Powers

The US Sailing "discount" adds $5.00 to the total fee, so instead of being charged $75.00, a US Sailing member is charged $85.00. I made the same mistake setting up fees on Regatta Network for GBCA, so I know how easy it is to do.

MaryM

Only sixteen boats signed up?  Where are all of you!!

Bee

I wouldn't worry Mary.  Lot's of people sign up at the last minute.  If I didn't sign up early I would forget and show up without registration.

We will hopefully have at least 5 of the best Bay boats in the world out --- Stinger, Solaris, Babe, Zippity, and Radiance.

BTW

There are three of these great boats for sale locally:

Elixir, J-Teez, and Flyer.

Buy one, you will like it.

ChrisK

Quick links
Elissa/Beasley NOR
Consuls info

The Consul Regatta honors Mexico this year.
Still time to get your custom country flag from Capital flags...and brush up on your flag etiquette

A great chance for HYC to shine after their rebuild, and more importantly: a fundraiser to preserve the unique nautical heritage of the Texas tall ship Elissa.
Past Commodore, 2010

Jonsey

It looks like my new deal and stock Vipers wont hit port until the first weekend in April - we may only turn out the two register or three boats for the event.

At the present it appears we'll be racing a J120 and maybe a J105?    Yikes!  On second thought..  that could be fun!

What's it with sailors in Galveston Bay - everyone waits until the last second to register. 

Jonsey

oops, that should have read "dealer and stock Vipers"

bbaker

I understand that the Elyssa is to make an appearance at this regatta.  Does anyone know what their schedule is?

jsailor

Don't forget to sign up for the ELISSA Regatta!  The weather is going to be great this coming weekend!

Registration deadline in March 25th.

To register, go to

https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_registration_form.php?regatta_id=2767

Remember, this event supports the Tall Ship Elissa, our Texas State Treasure.

The Saturday evening dinner ($15) is open to everyone, sailing or not, bring your family and friends.

The committee has many great silent auction items that you might want to bid on, don't miss out, bring money!!

Bee

There will be no J105's in with the Vipers

jsailor

The Elissa is going to sail up to the racing area on Saturday, and will be there at approximately 12:30. 

Should be a beautiful sight!