Elissa Regatta

Started by sailfastliveslow, February 22, 2010, 05:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STuma

Relly glad ya'll came out, even if you did beat us... I would have liked 3-4 shorter races on Saturday and 2-3 on Sunday, but it was good racing... 

Sunday was fun, but challenging...  the shifts were unpredictable and I think the lead changed almost every leg, until "Infinity" got loose...  The wind seemed to only pick up on the upwinds, where the down winds weren't as fun, but we experimanted a bit, caught some shrimp and enjoyed the fleet...  are you coming back for the Spring Regatta? It's a J80 circuit regatta..

cheers...
Scott

Jonsey

We were having a lot of trouble getting around the course.  We were about 140lbs under weight so up-hill was rough.  Down-wind I just couldn't make myself soak like we probably should have...  Scott kept telling me to come down and i kept want to make the boat move.   

STuma

That is a problem jumping on an 80.. you would think it would plane easier, but you have to dig deep in a longer range of breeze... I have no idea where the turning point of is from VMG to planning mode.. never found it Sunday...
cheers...
Scott

DollFin

Here are a couple camera-phone pic's I got of the Elissa while we were racing. I wish I had thought to bring the good camera so I could have zoomed in!

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

Bee

Neat.  Never saw her so now I at least get an idea of what she looked like coming up the channel.

Thanks