2011 Texas Race Week: 7/21-23

Started by Jim Powers, June 16, 2011, 11:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailaway

To the eight boats that have already signed up I just want to say thanks! To the rest of the boats that ARE going to signup I would say ?do it?!  For all of you that have already checked out my website, http://www.threefatbrothers.com, you can tell that I am not really selling anything but more I just love to watch sailboat racing and that is why I sponsor this event.  That is why I take as many picture as I do, I love the sport.  So if you have not yet made a commitment to compete at GBCA Texas Race Week 2011 please consider coming out to play offshore off Galveston and back at the dock with a few tunes on Friday and plenty of rum and good eats each evening.  There is a great group of volunteers that are working right now to make this a premier event for GBCA so get?er done and sign up.

See you on the water,

John  ;D
John Lacy
jlacy@threefatbrothers.com  Tell me what you think!

Bee

You are a Prince John.  That other fat brother of yours is not bad either.  As the first boat to sign up, I would also like to encourage other to do the same.  This is a fun event and if we are lucky, Michelle will be dishing out the drinks faster then you can can say "How bout a rum drink babe?"

Frank Tamborello

I had a blast last year and would love to do it again! However, I understand there's a shortage of dockage, particularly for boats that draw more than 6'. That's a real barrier to participation for a multi-day event like this. What can we do about that?

Quote from: Sailaway on July 11, 2011, 08:36:39 PM
To the eight boats that have already signed up I just want to say thanks! To the rest of the boats that ARE going to signup I would say ?do it?!  For all of you that have already checked out my website, http://www.threefatbrothers.com, you can tell that I am not really selling anything but more I just love to watch sailboat racing and that is why I sponsor this event.  That is why I take as many picture as I do, I love the sport.  So if you have not yet made a commitment to compete at GBCA Texas Race Week 2011 please consider coming out to play offshore off Galveston and back at the dock with a few tunes on Friday and plenty of rum and good eats each evening.  There is a great group of volunteers that are working right now to make this a premier event for GBCA so get?er done and sign up.

See you on the water,

John  ;D
John Lacy
jlacy@threefatbrothers.com  Tell me what you think!

Sailaway

Refer to the TRW Slips by Walter.  If your greater that 6' then please contact a one of those great volunteer, Walter, at wcaldwell001 at earthlink.net.  I will be he can get you fixed up!

John
;D

Sailaway

Can't write this morning!

Refer to the TRW Slips by Walter.  If your greater that 6' then please contact one of those great volunteer, Walter, at wcaldwell001 at earthlink.net.  I will bet he can get you fixed up!

John

:o  ;D

KathyR

Just a reminder that the Skipper's meeting is this Friday where we will be selling the TRW t-shirts (they look mighty fine too!) at $20/each and the Event Pass that will get you the free food and rum for all 3 days at $25/per person.  As we have done in the past, you will have to show your event pass as you come in the poolside area and get it stamped and receive your daily party wristband that lets the bartender and caterer know you paid!  Remember too, Michelle (barterndar) works for tips, so be sure and tip her for all her hard work and believe me she works hard to serve those rum drinks as quickly as she can.

I would like to ask that everyone try and buy your Event tickets early at the Skipper's meeting...this gives us a better headcount for catered food in advance.  Skipper's tell your crew to come by and get their event tickets or you pick them up for them!  We will be selling them at poolside, but if you can please buy in advance.

See you at the Skipper's meeting!!

:o And I'm still watching for those boats to register!

KathyR

Just to let everyone know in advance!  Kelly McGuire will have his CD's on sale at TRW.  He will also have Download Cards for each CD available.  He accepts, cash, check and all major credit cards, so check out his table of CD's!

CD's on sale will be:
Redfish Island
Club Blonde
Boat in Belize
Front Row Ticket-LIVE
King of the Island

A price list will be posted at TRW as well as flyers you can pick up at the Skipper's meeting.  Download cards for each CD is $10/each.  CD prices vary depending on quantity purchased.  ;D

Kevin Box

Don't forget to place crew sandwich orders by tomorrow if you want to ensure delivery.  Thursday is when they place their big order for the coming week, so a last minute run on sandwiches next week could leave you hungry.  Order form and other race docs are at:

https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_notice_board.php?regatta_id=4287

Bee

Where have all the sailboats gone?  Thirteen seems like a travesty.  Now I understand why I got a slip at Harbor House so late in the game.

ShakenNotStirred

Based on my knowledge of who has reserved slips, I estimate about 18. Still waiting on Lucy, Revolution, Blame it on Buffett, Alert, Big D...
2013 Commodore

Bee

Oh, That's much better.  Good to know.

Kevin Box

This was sent to registered skippers regarding the crew sandwich delivery, but since there are still fence sitters...

"The Italian Beef is no longer available.  If you have ordered Italian Beef, you may call Mark at NY Pizzeria (409-762-0204) and select a replacement.  Otherwise, all Italian Beef orders will default to Italian Club."

Bee

Up to 15.  The Revoluting Machine will make 16.  Can we squeeze two more?  How about 4?  Twenty is a nice even number that can be factored into the prime factors 2*2*5. Twenty three would be better since its prime all by itself.  Hmm so are 17 and 19.

Bah, we just need more boats.  Tie up next to the Elissa, it ain't going anywhere.

Kevin Box

There are six-foot draft and under slips available at GYC.  Like to see some more Cruising Class out there.  Deadline for entries is Tuesday. 

Thinking about those Leo's Cajun riblets and chicken Thursday is making me hungry.

Bee

Oh no, not the Super Chicken as Cajun Super Chicken.  How will we ever get club handicaps now?