2011 Texas Race Week: 7/21-23

Started by Jim Powers, June 16, 2011, 11:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Powers

Bee

Gee.  There's already one boat signed up.

Sailaway

Nice Art work!  When will t-shirts be ready!?!  ;D

Looking forward to the races!  Wonder who's playing Friday......

m/v Tramp

Sailchick

Check out the t-shirts!  (left side is the back and right side is the front!)
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Bee

Sailaway

KathyR

Folks,

Shirts and event tickets will be sold at TRW Skipper's meeting, so bring your cash or checks cuz you know we don't take credit cards!

Watch for the TRW special edition newsletter coming out soon that will outline TRW events in detail, but as always we plan on serving you good food, rum and beer all 3 days after the races.  Event tickets will remain at $25.00/per person.  This is your pass for all 3 days!  Can't beat that price anywhere! 

And with special thanks to our sponsor WWW.ThreeFatBrothers.com we will have the Kelly McGuire Band playing poolside on Friday evening from 6pm-9pm!

Get those boats signed up now!  Skippers receive 2 event tickets in their packets.

ChrisK

Nice job on the newsletter Sailchick!
Past Commodore, 2010

KathyR

;D In response to cost of TRW t-shirts, they will also remain at usual cost of $20/each.  Cash or checks only.  Shirt sales will begin at the TRW Skipper's meeting.  See you there!

KathyR

:o OK, as someone who is planning parties you racers sure make me nervous!  Where's our boat sign ups???  Six boats so far!  Come on!!!  RC is gearing up, Skipper's meeting is next Friday where we will be selling the event passes and t-shirts AND of course the rum is bought and ready for the palapa bar!  Kelly McGuire is scheduled for Friday entertainment!  Michelle, TRW Bartendar, is back with us for another year of serving!  Jillian and Jessica, GYB Lifeguards, are waiting for us to come down for another year of poolside fun, so let's see those boats listed on Regatta Network!  I'll be checking!!  ;D

JASpithill

TRW has been one of my favorite events since I began sailing and the small number of boats signed up this year is disturbing.  I'm wondering if the additional time and expense of going to Galveston for the better part of a week is the primary cause.  I don't know if it would be possilble at this late date but if the race area was moved to Galveston Bay with Bay Cup type distances courses, might that encourage additional participation?  Just a thought.

Kevin Box

Race Documents including preliminary SI are available on the notice board:
https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_notice_board.php?regatta_id=4287

If ordering crew sandwiches from NY Pizzeria, please fax in your order by this Thursday for guaranteed delivery.

Frank Tamborello

Rita Higgings tells me that GYC has no more slips for TRW. The NOR describes no provision for this contingency. Is there someway we can coordinate rafting or additional slips within Galveston Harbor?

Christopher

There are a number of good sailors at Ft Worth Boat Club wanting to come down and sail offshore.  More than the capacity we can take on our boat.  If anyone is needing additional crew, let me know, I can probably hook you up.

Christopher 713.823.1577
Mahalo nui loa