2011 Texas Race Week: 7/21-23

Started by Jim Powers, June 16, 2011, 11:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailaway

Weather is looking good for next week and Scott and I are really looking forward to GBCA Texas Race Week.  Thanks for everybody that has signed up (and the rest of you that will sign up)!  A big thanks to Kathy Rodgers and Walter Caldwell.  There are lots of volunteers that make this race possible and we need to thank all!

Kevin Box, Beverly Caldwell, Chris Alk, Corrie Clement-Lambert, Kevin Bednar, Jody Henry & Kelley Dees to name a few.  I am sure I am leaving somebody out and I apologize but will find you!

Enjoy the race as much as I do and we will all have a good time!

See you on the water,

m/v Tramp   ;D

Kevin Box

GBCA's RC Mobile Command Center is up and ready for action in G-Town.  Man, you know you're in Galveston when everybody at Walgreen's has a cart and homeboy in front of you is trying on t-shirts in the checkout line.  And, yes, he took off his regular shirt first to get an accurate fitting :o

ChrisK

Word!...I'd rather be chillin' at the Walgreens checking out the latest fly threads, than be stuck in this #@$ office.  *sigh*

When the Friday work bell rings, I'm sliding down the tail of that dinosaur, straight into the car, and headed to G-town like Freddy Flintstone!  Yabba dabba doooo!
Past Commodore, 2010

Sailaway

Well It has started!  Spins and Non Spins both had over early!?!?!  But it is a beautifully day and we are waiting on the water for the crews to get back.  Again I want to thank everybody involved for making this a great race and great place to race!  Go GBCA!

Here are pics of the first race at the start.  More to come

Enjoy  ;D
mv/ Tramp

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets

ChrisK

Great shots, John!

Things look a little cozy in this picture. Any 'interesting' discussion take place?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/5961282761/in/set-72157627124520099
Past Commodore, 2010

hayesrigging

I hope someone on each boat is asking there crew for some leeward weight!!!!!!

Kevin Box

Final results here:

http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_regatta_results.php?regatta_id=4287

The Larry Kevan Trophy for overall winner of TRW went to Musica.

The Admiral of the Texas Navy presented the Texas Navy Cup to:
Tres Hombres.

Sailaway

Again Thanks to all that came to race and an special thanks to all the volunteers that came out to make this a great event.  Scott and I enjoyed the heck out of the races and the after parties!  Had fun and hope all of you did as well.

I have posted the last of the pictures I too and I have also posted pictures that Chris Kelley took from his plane.  I still have a set to load of Chris' and will do so when I get home tonight.

Thanks again!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets

m/v Tramp

Kevin Box

I was lucky on day 3 that the Team Tramp could take me back to the bank after the starts were off for some health maintenance.  When I got to the condo, the beach course was in full effect.  It?s the only venue around these parts that actually has 1000 or more impromptu spectators.

A family in the lobby caught sight of the pageantry and this little girl asked daddy what those pretty boats were doing.  He said that he thought they were racing each other.  She said that when she got big she was going to do that.

Competitors and volunteers alike, from the first NOR writer to the person to take the last bag of trash out at the after-party should know that just by doing what they do, they are influencing the future of sailing. 

Here?s to all of you and the year 2051 GBCA Commodore you created this weekend.

ChrisK

It was a great weekend in Galveston! Thanks volunteers, racers and sponsors!!
Past Commodore, 2010

Jeff K

+1

Thanks to all of the volunteers, Lacy brothers, Bee's kind words Saturday night and for all of the congrats that we received. That was some good ole hard racing. Good times indeed...

Now back to the grind!

The cell phone was a good invention, email not so much.

Thanks again all
Who wasn't on the vang?

B Sailing/Alan Bates

Along these lines:  Many thanks to the aforementioned many times over. 

Gas money back and forth to Galveston 3 times: $50
Blowing up reacher kite and poking hole in runner: $650

A family in the lobby caught sight of the pageantry and this little girl asked daddy what those pretty boats were doing.  He said that he thought they were racing each other.  She said that when she got big she was going to do that:***PRICELESS***

SAVING SAILING--ONE REGATTA AT A TIME 

Alan Bates/B Sailing-281-212-7348
Learn to sail and race J/Boats in annual membership sailing club. Unlimited sailing on "your' own boat.