GBCA Rum Race #4: 7/18

Started by ChrisK, June 16, 2009, 10:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

Race instructions:
Rum Race NOR
Past Commodore, 2010

Kevin Box

Hot dogs, cold beer, rum drinks and popcorn.  Everybody's a winner.  Come on out.

MaryM

The new flat screen in the GBCA lounge is sweet - we need to have a movie night!

Christopher

Quote from: MaryM on June 17, 2009, 09:33:37 PM
The new flat screen in the GBCA lounge is sweet - we need to have a movie night!

"Morning Light" just came out on DVD.
Mahalo nui loa

Charles

Wow, just think... A movie, popcorn, AND  rum!!
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

ChrisK

*bump*

Rum Race #4 this Saturday 7/18.
Don't let the temperature scare you.
It's great out on the water.

For some RR#4 will be a nice warmup to Texas Race Week...
You have signed up, haven't you?  ;)

Party at the clubhouse afterwards....
Past Commodore, 2010

Kevin Box

I heard Belizean Pulled Pork was going to be there.  I?m not sure if that?s a race entry, a band or a snack, but I?m going just to find out.

Bobby Mac

Kevin - I think it is a type of sex act

Kevin Box

Well, I like Belize and I like pulled pork, so I'm going to find out.  It won't be the first time curiosity has gotten me into a tight spot ;)

JayZ

Quote from: Kevin Box on July 13, 2009, 07:39:51 PM
Well, I like Belize and I like pulled pork, so I'm going to find out.  It won't be the first time curiosity has gotten me into a tight spot ;)

----"Not that there's anything wrong with that."
Jay Zittrer
s/v BANJO GIRL

Scoundrel

Just be sure you stop before you go blind! 

El Diablo

My grandma once told me you could only do that 100 times in your life, then your heart would stop.  I was so scared that 101st time...
?Force shites upon Reason's Back.?
-Ben Franklin

Kevin Box

The new TRW shirts will be available at the after-party on Saturday along with event passes.  Even if you don't race you can still party with us!

JayZ

Everyone make it in safely yesterday?  It looked like there were a few good wipe-outs.  I noticed there was a red/white spin floating around the bay on our way in.  ...thought about trying to grab it but didn't think it prudent with the chances of fouling the prop on any sheets/guys or halyards still attached.

The XMSR weather was a pretty cool toy to have on the way in when choosing a window betweent the cells coming in. 
Jay Zittrer
s/v BANJO GIRL

ChrisK

That 3rd leg was pretty darn exciting. Poindexter in his J80 was down for the count, 5 minutes or so.  Hung spin halyard, spreaders in the water, spin flog city. On Sea Trial, all around us, we saw plenty of round-ups and rudders out of the water. Kicks kept it upright, they think they saw 18.5 knots on paddle wheel. Painkiller was scooting along at a very rapid clip also.
The new (white with red X) spin you passed was the remains of Stinger's.   
Although busy holding onto the vang with both hands, I wish I had my camera to get a pic of the carnage, the black clouds coming in from the north, and the impressive lightning show over NASA/JSC.
Past Commodore, 2010